A six-year-old Afghan poisoned with mushrooms died. Doctors from the Children’s Memorial Health Institute confirmed the child’s brain died on Friday. The boy underwent a liver transplant on Tuesday, but despite the surgery, his condition worsened. His five-year-old brother was also pronounced dead on Thursday.
Afghans who, after evacuating from Kabul, were sent to the center for foreigners in Podkowa Leśna-Dębak, poisoned themselves with the mushrooms they were supposed to collect on the premises of the center. After poisoning, two young boys in a critical condition were taken to the Warsaw Institute of “Monument – Children’s Memorial Health Institute” (IPCZD). On Thursday, doctors informed about the death of a younger boy – a five-year-old.
Main photo source: TVN24 (illustrative photo)