6.3 C
Sunday, March 3, 2024

Actor Stanisław Tym about the march on June 4: There is nothing to talk about here. I have to go

Must read

- Advertisement -

Stanisław Tym encourages you to take part in the march through the streets of Warsaw, which will take place on June 4. After Janusz Gajos, Daniel Olbrychski and Krystyna Janda, he is another actor who emphasizes the importance of this event. – This June wind of history is cold, but maybe sobering – said Tym, who believes that the march has “historical significance”.

The march on June 4 from Na Rozdrożu Square in Warsaw to the Old Town is supposed to be a protest and mobilization before the elections. – The march is about being fed up with wanting change. Enough of this power, enough of what is happening in Poland, enough of this apathy, enough of this clumsiness, enough of this theft – said Jan Grabiec, MP of the Civic Platform.

In addition to opposition politicians, people from the world of culture, media, and opposition activists from the times of the People’s Republic of Poland have announced their participation in the march, including actors Janusz Gajos, Daniel Olbrychski, actress Krystyna Janda, satirist Krzysztof Materna, journalist Wojciech Mann, the first president of the Supreme Court in Third Republic of Poland, professor Adam Strzembosz, former president Lech Wałęsa and politician and one of the former leaders of Solidarity, Władysław Frasyniuk. Stanisław Tym also encourages you to take part in the march.

– There’s nothing to talk about here. You just have to go, take part in this march, which is very important. Cold is this June wind of history, but maybe sobering. I bow my head to all participants – said Stanisław Tym in an interview with TVN24.

- Advertisement -

And he added: – This march is undoubtedly of historical importance. It is necessary. The United Right will not chop our constitution on pine stumps cut in Polish forests.

March 4 June in Warsaw. Route

The head of the Civic Platform, Donald Tusk, called for a demonstration in mid-April “against high prices, theft and lies, for free elections and a democratic, European Poland.”

As announced by the organizers of the manifestation, it will start at 12 noon near Na Rozdrożu Square, in the vicinity of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister. Participants of the assembly will walk along Aleje Ujazdowskie towards Plac Trzech Krzyży. Next, they will cross the de Gaulle roundabout and go along Nowy Świat and Krakowskie Przedmieście to Zamkowy Square. The climax of the manifestation will take place at Zygmunt’s Column. The audience will then be addressed by Donald Tusk and the Mayor of Warsaw, Rafał Trzaskowski.

June 4 march routeGoogle Earth/TVN24

Traffic jams and other gatherings

Due to the march, trams and buses of the following lines may be diverted to detours: D, 4, 7, 9, 13, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 100, 106, 107, 108, 109 (possible line suspension), 111, 116, 117, 118, 127, 131, 158, 159, 162, 166, 167, 168, 180, 190, 222, 503, 507, 519, 521, 522.

In addition, other public assemblies were also reported for Sunday: 14-16 in front of the building of the Embassy of the Russian Federation at Belwederska 49, from 16-20 in front of the building at Mickiewicza 49 (house of PiS president Jarosław Kaczyński) and from 18-20 at Aleje Ujazdowskie 6 in the vicinity of Plac Na Rozdrożu. As with a march, the police may decide to temporarily close some streets to traffic and divert vehicles.

Read also: March 4 June in Warsaw. Which streets will be closed where parking is not allowed? Details

On Sunday, passengers will be assisted by Warsaw Public Transport informants. In key places, they will direct you to the best available means of transport. Traffic supervision instructors will also work on the streets of Warsaw.

June 4 march routeTVN24

Election anniversary on June 4

4 will mark the 34th anniversary of the partially free parliamentary elections. On June 4, 1989, elections were held to the Sejm of the People’s Republic of Poland of the 10th term, known as the Contract Sejm. The decision to carry them out was made during the Round Table talks. At the Round Table, 65 percent was allocated in advance. parliamentary mandates for the candidates of the government coalition of the time, originating from the People’s Republic of Poland. Candidates of the Civic Committee “Solidarity” could apply only for the remaining 35 percent. seats in the parliamentary benches. They won 160 out of 161 seats from this pool.

Elections to the Senate, restored under the agreements of the Round Table, were completely free. In the upper house, KO “Solidarity” candidates won 99 out of 100 seats.

The victory of Solidarity opened a new era in the recent history of Poland and influenced the process of the collapse of communism in Central Europe.

Main photo source: TVN24

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article