There are three Afghan children in the hospital who poisoned themselves with mushrooms during their stay at the Polish center for foreigners in Dębak. Representatives of the Children’s Memorial Health Institute announced on Tuesday that the condition of the two boys was critical.
Information about the fact that children who, after evacuation from Afghanistan, stayed in the center for foreigners in Podkowa Leśna – Dębak, got poisoned with mushrooms, reported by OKO.press on Monday. An Afghan family has picked mushrooms in the forest next to the center.
Prof. Jarosław Kierkuś from the Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Eating Disorders and Paediatrics at the Children’s Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw informed journalists on Monday that the hospital had three children of Afghan origin with acute liver failure after being poisoned by the toadstool. – The condition of two boys aged five and six is very heavy. Children are in the intensive care unit with a direct threat to their lives – said the doctor.
Children’s Health Center: the boys’ condition is critical
The representatives of the Children’s Memorial Health Institute spoke more about the health of children at a press conference on Tuesday.
They said “the condition of the boys is critical.” They said that the five-year-old boy, due to his health condition, was disqualified from the liver transplant procedure, and the older boy was qualified for it and that the procedure will take place today. It was added that the health of the third patient, a 17-year-old girl, was stable.
Representatives of the Children’s Memorial Health Institute were asked about information that appeared on Monday that one of the boys had died of a brain.
– We only know that the brain has been irreversibly damaged, and the procedures to confirm this will be carried out when the patient meets the criteria for starting these procedures – responded the doctors.
Main photo source: tvn24