Voters decided on October 15 that they wanted change in Poland and they wanted it quickly. President Duda says that he has the right – and has the right – to extend this process, but this is an artificial extension – said MP Michał Kobosko (Polska 2050, Third Road) in “Fakty po Faktach”. – The president “says to his supporters: I will defend PiS interests until the last blood, and then remember me when my term ends,” said Left MP Anita Kucharska-Dziedzic.
President Andrzej Duda despite the declarations of the Civic Coalition, Third Way and the Left, he entrusted the formation of the coalition the mission of forming a government to Mateusz Morawiecki. The current democratic opposition can count on 248 out of 460 seats in the new Sejm, and PIS – on 194.
Kucharska-Dziedzic: the president tells his supporters that he will defend PiS interests
The matter was commented on by Left MP Anita Kucharska-Dziedzic in “Fakty po Faktach”. – Or the president thinks that he was unable to stop the formation of the government Donald Tuskalthough he tried very, very hard, he did everything to prevent Donald Tusk from taking power, or Mr. Andrzej Duda is simply showing the last defenses, i.e. he shows his Presidential Palace as the last defense where the Law and Justice party still has any influence – she said.
– And she says to her supporters: I will defend the interests of Law and Justice until the last blood, and then remember me when my term ends – she added.
Kobosko: These are nonsense, to be honest. This is taking up all of our time
Michał Kobosko (Poland 2050, Third Way) stated that the appointment of Donald Tusk’s government “will happen anyway.” Entrusted with the mission of creating a government Mateusz Morawiecki described by the president as “completely fictitious”. – This is the last Pinocchio mission of Polish politics, Prime Minister Morawiecki, who is now trying to convince us that he is talking to someone about forming a coalition – he added.
– He doesn’t seem to really talk to anyone. Suddenly he extracts our common program demands from the campaign, says that these are his demands, or, to put it elegantly, he borrows our demands and says that he will put together some “coalition of Polish affairs”. Well, these are nonsense, to be honest. This is taking up all of our time, he said.
– It’s not that the opposition is in such a hurry to come to power that we are just shuffling our feet, but that voters decided on October 15 that they want change in Poland and they want this change quickly. President Duda says that he has the right – and has the right – to extend this process, but this is an artificial extension of this process. Donald Tusk does not suit him, we have known this for years, he has not said anything new, but these are the brutal realities and the president must also adapt to them – said Kobosko.
Kucharska-Dziedzic: in the matter of deputy marshals, we believed that certain standards should be adhered to
The guests of “Fakty po Faktowy” were asked whether there is a chance that the majority in the Senate will support Marek Pęk as the PiS candidate for the chamber’s presidium. – The charges against Mr. Pęk were similar to those against Marshal Witek. It was about simply unethical behavior, said Kucharska Dziedzic.
She stated that Pęk “has been reprimanded by the ethics committee.” – It would be good for the marshals, deputy marshals and the presidium to be people who have never betrayed the MP’s attitude – she added.
– There is an equal desire on the Left to return to certain standards. And that the people who represent the MPs and senators are people to whom there are no objections to their behavior, their attitude, or any reservations. We voted against Speaker Witek and Senator Pęk. But also against the current deputy speaker (of the Sejm – ed.), Mr. (Krzysztof – ed.) Bosak. We believed that we had to adhere to certain standards, emphasized the Left MP.
Kobosko: a place in the presidium is waiting for PiS representatives
Michał Kobosko also commented on the matter. – First of all, we still believe that there is a place in the Sejm presidium for a representative of PiS. And there is a place in the Senate presidium for a representative of PiS. And this is quite natural for us. It is not the case that everyone who is nominated will automatically be accepted by the majority in both chambers – he said.
– But you have to have a bit of trust. In a way, I distinguish between the cases of Mrs. Witek and Mr. Pęka. Since Marshal Pęk was not the head, he was not the head of the upper house of parliament. He represented the PiS Senate minority. However, this is a different situation than Marshal Witek, who “favored” the open, brazen violation of the regulations and the principles of operation of the lower house – he added.
– And if I were to vote on her candidacy again, I would vote the same way. I would vote against it. What about Marshal Pęk? I don’t know if this change will happen. I see room to talk about changing this decision, he admitted.
Opposition at the head of the secret services commission? “We will reveal and inform you on Tuesday”
Kobosko emphasized that the members of the Sejm were to discuss the matter at Tuesday’s session choice composition of individual parliamentary committees, including their chairmen. As he noted, talks on this subject are ongoing and are being conducted by the chairmen of parliamentary clubs. The politician emphasized that these decisions were important.
The interviewer, Grzegorz Kajdanowicz, pointed out that it was customary for, among others, the chairmen of the parliamentary committee for secret services to change on a rotating basis, and this committee was usually chaired by opposition MPs. He added that this situation changed when PiS was in power. Kobosko was asked whether Poland 2050 wants to return to the previous custom.
– It was one of the bad things that PiS introduced, a very bad precedent. We are currently talking about the division and decisions regarding the commission, and this commission, a return to certain good practices, is also the topic of our conversation. Please allow us to reveal this on Tuesday and let you know what decisions will be made, said Kobosko.
Main photo source: TVN24