In July, the European Commission called on the authorities of five Polish provinces to give explanations and take “corrective measures” regarding anti-LGBT resolutions. The deadline given to local governments expires on Tuesday. This matter was discussed by the guests of “Kropka nad i” on TVN24: Krzysztof Bosak from the Confederation and Barbara Nowacka from the Civic Coalition.
Marshals of five voivodeships – Małopolskie, Lubelskie and Świętokrzyskie, Łódzkie and Podkarpackie – were given two months from the European Commission in July to send explanations and “implement corrective actions” in connection with adopting anti-LGBT resolutions or signing the Local Government Charter of Family Rights. The deadline is on Tuesday. None of the regional councils has withdrawn from the decision so far. They are in danger of losing EU funds.
Hook: there is no reason to withhold money
The guests of “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 discussed the anti-LGBT resolutions and the dispute with the European Commission on this matter on Tuesday.
Bosak assessed that “there is no reason to withhold money for Polish voivodships”. – This shows how misleading all the lawyers of the European Union were about the nature of the European Union, who said that the European Union is an economic organization that does not affect world-view matters – he said.
– Now it turns out that without the basis of the treaties it is possible to withhold funds. If this teaches us something, it is that we have to be very detached from what the politicians say – said the member of the Confederation.
Asked whether in his opinion Poland should leave the EU, he replied: – I am not a supporter of the direction in which the European Union is heading. An increasing percentage of our society is becoming critical of Brussels.
Nowacka: it is a scandal that there are voivodships in a free country that want to exclude some citizens
According to Nowacka, “it is a scandal that in this seemingly free and seemingly democratic country there are voivodships that want to exclude some citizens from their community because of their orientation and want to discriminate”.
– Yes, the European Union was built as a trade union, but also based on certain common values: tolerance, equality, equal rights. This is the canon of civilization – emphasized the MP.
Bosak: we should not go into the Reconstruction Fund
The guests of “Kropka nad i” also talked about the National Reconstruction Plan, which has still not been approved by the European Commission. Valdis Dombrovskis, Vice-President of the European Commission stated a week ago that there are still issues in the Polish National Reconstruction Plan (KPO) that need to be resolved.
– We should not enter the Reconstruction Fund at all. This is our country’s program of debt for 37 years under the false pretext of a pandemic – said Bosak.
As he added, “Eurocrats ensure that this is only for the duration of the pandemic crisis, and at the same time assume that the money will be spent for seven years.” -And how do they know the crisis will last seven years? – wondered the MP.
– I was the only deputy in the Sejm who pointed out that Prime Minister Morawiecki misled the public opinion by talking about the negotiation success, when he made our country dependent on bureaucrats – said the TVN24 guest.
Nowacka: a Polish worker and entrepreneur will suffer
– The interest of the Republic of Poland is in a completely different place than you present it – she asked Bosak Nowack.
She stressed that “Poles need money to recover after the pandemic, companies, working people, entrepreneurs”. – Poland must strive for them. We said from the beginning: let the government strive for this new Marshall Plan. After all, they didn’t negotiate as they were supposed to, and they made the money not go transparently. And today the threat is that we may not get them at all – she said.
As she said, “Morawiecki, Ziobro and everyone else will feed well, but a Polish worker, an entrepreneur who will not be able to take advantage of this opportunity for a civilization leap, will suffer.”