5.9 C
London
Saturday, December 4, 2021

Astroworld Festival. Tragedy at the Travis Scott concert in Houston. Nine-year-old Ezra Blount, who was in a coma, died

Must read

- Advertisement -


Nine-year-old Ezra Blount, who suffered a severe trauma to his brain and other organs, has passed away during the crowd’s pressure on the stage and panic at the Astroworld Festival. He is the tenth and youngest victim of the tragedy that occurred during the concert of rapper Travis Scott in early November.

The tragedy happened on November 5 during the inaugural concert Astroworld festival held at the NRG Park complex in Houston, Texas. Around 9:15 pm local time (3:40 am in Poland), when Scott’s performance began, the crowd of fans began to press on the stage. After about 20 minutes, panic broke out.

WATCH TVN24 ON THE INTERNET ON TVN24 GO >>>

Astroworld Festival 2021Omar Vega / FilmMagic / Getty Images

Tenth victim of panic at the Travis Scott concert. The nine-year-old is dead

- Advertisement -

The death toll has risen to ten. Nine-year-old Ezra Blount died after suffering severe trauma to the brain and other organs. He was in a coma and kept alive.

The information about the child’s death was confirmed on Sunday in a statement by Ben Crump, a lawyer representing the family. “Ezra’s death is heartbreaking,” he assessed. He added that “this is not how taking a child to the concert should end.”

In an interview with local news site ABC13 Treston Blount, the baby’s father said he was not ready to “lose his boy”. He also said that Ezra was “excited” before the show.

Houston mayor Sylvester Turner said he was “saddened by the news of Ezra’s death”. The boy is the youngest of ten people who died as a result of the events at the concert of rapper Travis Scott. Those who lost their lives were between 9 and 27 years old.

There are lawsuits against the organizers, the police are investigating

On Saturday, Troy Finner, chief of the local Houston police force, announced that the events of the Scott concert are being dealt with by the homicide and drug departments. Specialized teams analyze, among other things, the recordings to find the cause of the sudden pressure towards the stage and why people did not have a way out.

He added that several participants in the incident – including one of the security officers – had to undergo treatment after a drug overdose. – We have an officer’s report which shows that while trying to arrest a citizen he felt a prickle in the neck. When he was examined, he passed out and the medical staff did see the needle puncture, Finner said. The police are also investigating whether, during the concert, someone deliberately administered drugs to some of the participants without their knowledge.

The day before, lawyers representing over 200 people who said they had been injured in the crowd, said they had filed 90 more lawsuits against the event’s organizers.

Travis Scott wishes to contact the relatives of the victims

Scott’s attorneys said on Thursday that the rapper wanted to contact the victims’ families. “He is desperate and wants to express his condolences as well as help as soon as possible,” the statement said.

Scott already in his first statement after the tragedy said that he is committed to working with the Houston community to support the victims and their families. According to the Reuters agency, at least 50 lawsuits have already been filed against him and the organizer of the festival where the tragedy took place.

Travis Scott ahead of the Houston Astros-Atlanta Braves game in Houston (photo from November 2)PAP / EPA / TANNEN MAURY

Main photo source: Omar Vega / FilmMagic / Getty Images



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article