14.7 C
London
Monday, May 20, 2024

Australia. He could have died in a shark attack. A search operation is underway

Must read

- Advertisement -


A shark attacked a surfer in Australia. The man went missing on Saturday morning in the Great Australian Bight. A search operation is underway – so far only the surfboard of the missing man has been found.

The alleged attack took place Saturday morning local time (in Poland it was Friday night) on Walkers Rocks Beach in South Australia. A shark attacked a 46-year-old man while he was surfing several dozen meters from the shore.

First attack in years

At the time of the attack, there were several people on the beach who alerted the emergency services and the police. A search operation began immediately, involving boats, jet skis and a helicopter. So far, only the man’s surfboard has been found.

Search operation after shark attackReuters

- Advertisement -

“The man most likely died as a result of a shark attack,” emergency services said in a statement. They add that the 46-year-old was well known in the local surfing community.

“The locals will be shocked,” one of the divers involved in the search told ABC News. “We haven’t had a shark attack on our stretch of coast in over 20 years,” he added.

Search operation after shark attackReuters

Search operation after shark attackReuters

Main photo source: Reuters



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article