14.8 C
London
Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Bełchatów. The bed caught fire from the bedside lamp. An 81-year-old man is dead

Must read

- Advertisement -


A tragic fire in an apartment in one of the blocks of flats in Bełchatów (Łódź Voivodeship). An 81-year-old man died in the flames. The fire department initially determined the cause – according to them, the bed caught fire from a bedside lamp. The exact circumstances of the incident are being clarified by the police under the supervision of the prosecutor’s office.

The incident took place on June 14 around 10.30 p.m. on the POW Soldiers estate in Bełchatów. Firefighters received a report of thick smoke coming from an apartment on the second floor.

Read also: A tragic fire in a tenement house. A 34-year-old man is dead

Bełchatów. The bed caught fire from the bedside lamp. An 81-year-old man is dead

- Advertisement -

Four fire engines arrived at the scene. Smoke was pouring out of the windows of the apartment on the second floor. Upon entering, a man was found unconscious in a chair. Firefighters evacuated him outside, but gave up resuscitation. The doctor who arrived at the scene pronounced the 81-year-old dead – informs junior brigadier Jędrzej Pawlak, press officer of the provincial commander of the State Fire Service in Łódź.

A tragic fire in Bełchatów. An 81-year-old man is deadKP PSP in Bełchatów

Initially, firefighters determined the cause – it was the bed that caught fire from the bedside lamp. – The deceased man is the 26th victim of fires in the Łódź Voivodeship since the beginning of the year – says Jędrzej Pawlak. The circumstances of the fire in Bełchatów are being clarified by the police under the supervision of the prosecutor’s office.

The event took place in Bełchatów

Main photo source: KP PSP in Bełchatów



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article