Good morning and welcome to Fox Information First. Here is what it’s essential know as you begin your day
Biden breaks promise to ‘keep’ in Afghanistan till each American evacuated
President Biden seems to have damaged his promise to remain in Afghanistan till each American is evacuated.
Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. introduced Monday night that the final of the U.S. troops stationed on the Kabul airport had left, finishing the navy’s drawdown within the nation, though a whole bunch of Individuals possible stay.
McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, stated some Americans who wished to depart Afghanistan remained within the nation.
“We didn’t get everyone out that we wished to get out,” he stated.
President Biden advised ABC Information’ George Stephanopoulos throughout an interview on Aug. 18 that the U.S. navy goal in Afghanistan was to get “everybody” out, together with Individuals and Afghan allies and their households.
“That is what we’re doing now, that is the trail we’re on. And I feel we’ll get there,” he stated. “If there’s Americans left, we’re gonna keep to get all of them out.”
A senior State Division official advised Fox Information on Monday that there remained a “small quantity” of Individuals inside Afghanistan.
That official put the variety of Individuals at “under 250,” including that some further Individuals have departed Afghanistan in current hours. The official added that the State Division additionally was dedicated to evacuating “those that labored with us,” referring to Afghan “companions.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
Sen. Tom Cotton, who appeared on “The Ingraham Angle” on Monday night time, stated Biden saved his promise to the Taliban to be out by Aug. 31, but not to the Americans still in the country.
In different developments:
– Final US troops have departed Afghanistan
– Taliban brags: US troops left Kabul, Afghanistan ‘gained full independence’
– Blinken pledges help to Individuals left in Afghanistan after withdrawal: ‘We are going to assist them depart’
– Biden emphasizes ‘unanimous advice’ of navy leaders to fulfill Aug. 31 Afghanistan exit deadline
– NBC’s Richard Engel: Biden’s Afghan withdrawal was ‘the worst capitulation of western values in our lifetimes’
– Veterans group works to evacuate Afghan interpreters determined to search out security as US troops withdraw
Marine who criticized navy leaders over Afghan exit stated he was ordered to bear psychological well being screening
A U.S. Marine officer who was relieved of his command for breaking rank and calling out the brass over the chaotic and lethal evacuation of American troops from Afghanistan by which 13 service members have been killed stated Monday that he was ordered to bear a psychological well being screening.
Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was fired after posting a video on social media the place he criticized navy leaders over the botched exit. Within the footage, the 17-year Marine, simply three years shy of a full pension, stated took leaders to process.
“I am not saying we should be in Afghanistan eternally, however I’m saying, did any of you throw your rank on the desk and say, ‘Hey, it’s a nasty concept to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, earlier than we evacuate everybody?'” Scheller stated final Thursday. “Did anybody do this? And once you didn’t suppose to try this, did anybody elevate their hand and say, ‘We fully messed this up?'”
In a web-based put up on Monday, Scheller stated his commanding officer ordered him to go to a hospital for the psychological well being screening. He stated he was evaluated by psychological well being specialists and “then despatched on my manner.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– Fathers of Marines killed in Kabul blast rip Biden: ‘He talked extra about his son than my son’
– Wounded Marine rips Blinken, Gen. McKenzie on Taliban reward: ‘How dare you do this’
– Grieving father remembers Utah Marine killed in Kabul assault: ‘He had the largest coronary heart on the planet’
– Marines post picture of dignified switch of fallen service members killed in Kabul
Taliban take management of Kabul airport, have a good time ‘satisfying second of victory’
Taliban leaders took over management of the Kabul airport Tuesday and marked the departure of the final U.S. airplane from the nation by taking a symbolic stroll throughout the airport’s sole runway, in line with a report.
“The world ought to have discovered its lesson and that is the satisfying second of victory,” Zabihullah Mujahid, the Taliban spokesman, stated in a livestream video, in line with the Related Press. He spoke to reporters on the Hamid Karzai Worldwide Airport and stated Individuals “couldn’t obtain their aim by navy operations,” in line with Al Jazeera.
Celebratory gunfire might be heard all through Kabul earlier than daybreak, Reuters reported. A reporter from the Los Angeles Occasions posted video of Taliban fighters inspecting a hanger after the U.S. departure.
The AP reported that autos carrying the Taliban raced backwards and forwards alongside the airport’s sole runway.
Earlier than daybreak broke, closely armed Taliban fighters walked by hangars, passing a few of the seven CH-46 helicopters the State Division utilized in its evacuations earlier than rendering them unflyable. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– Hannity calls on Biden to resign for abandoning US residents in Afghanistan
– Unvetted Afghan refugees allowed to depart Wisconsin navy base unsupervised: Rep. Tiffany
– ‘Do not belief the Taliban,’ a whole bunch gather exterior White Home
– Taliban offered Kabul to US, however Individuals stated no: report
– Louisiana man loses arm, possible killed in alligator assault in Ida floodwaters, officers say
– North Carolina highschool pupil, 15, arrested following taking pictures that injured one: sheriff
– Faculty board members look for exits as conferences get heated over CRT, different subjects
– Christian students rip psychology examine claiming that LGBTQ activism poses no menace to Christians
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Lithium fuels hopes for revival on California’s largest lake
– Restoration for Bernard Madoff prospects bolstered by Citigroup ruling, trustee’s lawyer says
– Pending residence gross sales slide for second month as housing market cools
– Companies exiting California surges in 2021, dealing ‘loss of life knell’ to state’s economic system
SOME PARTING WORDS
Sean Hannity demanded President Biden resign Monday for “mendacity” to the American individuals about his pledge to remain in Afghanistan till each citizen is evacuated.
“Apparently Joe Biden was telling all of us an outright lie,” Hannity advised viewers of “Hannity” after the final U.S. airplane departed Kabul. “This transcends politics, that is [for] a Democrat, Republican, conservative, or liberal. All people ought to see it proper right here.”
The host referenced Biden’s earlier interview with ABC Information’ George Stephanopoulos, the place he pledged on Aug. 18 that the U.S. navy goal in Afghanistan was to get “everybody” out, together with Individuals and Afghan allies and their households.
Not signed up but for Fox Information First? Click on here to search out out what you are lacking.
Fox Information’ Go Watch page is now out there, offering guests with Pay TV supplier choices of their space carrying Fox Information Channel & Fox Enterprise Community.
Fox Information First was compiled by Fox Information’ Jack Durschlag. Thanks for making us your first selection within the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox very first thing Wednesday.