13 C
London
Saturday, May 18, 2024

Black Hawk incident – Maciej Wąsik exceeded his authority? The prosecutor's office initiated an investigation. Jarosław Kaczyński comments

Must read

- Advertisement -


Jarosław Kaczyński, referring to the initiation of an investigation into the abuse of powers by the former deputy head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, Maciej Wąsik, said that “it is simply a hunt for political opponents.” This concerns the participation of the Black Hawk helicopter in the picnic in August 2023. – If we wanted to use such methods, dozens or hundreds of lawsuits could be filed – said the PiS president.

The District Prosecutor's Office in Warsaw has initiated an investigation into the abuse of powers by the former deputy head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, Maciej Wąsik. The idea is to influence police officers to agree to the participation of the Black Hawk helicopter in the picnic in August 2023.

The prosecutor's office has initiated an investigation into the abuse of powers by the former deputy head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, Maciej Wąsik.

- Advertisement -

When asked about it at a press conference, Kaczyński said that “it is simply a hunt for political opponents.” – If we wanted to use such methods, dozens or hundreds of lawsuits could be filed – added the PiS president.

– Of course, we know what the courts are like and that in this case, these courts, which were never reformed after 1989, would defend the old, post-communist, condominium, i.e. Russian-German or German-Russian system in Poland, and the people of this system. But such projects could be undertaken, Kaczyński said.

Kaczyński on changes in the government

Jarosław Kaczyński also commented on the changes in Donald Tusk's government. On Monday, President Andrzej Duda appointed Tomasz Siemoniak as the head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, Jakub Jaworowski as the head of MAP, Hanna Wróblewska as the head of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and Krzysztof Paszyk as the head of the Ministry of Tourism and Tourism. So far, those holding these positions: Marcin Kierwiński, Borys Budka, Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz and Krzysztof Hetman are running in the elections to the European Parliament.

– The horse is there, everyone can see it. This government was simply bad and will continue to be bad after reconstruction, said the PiS president.

– It is characteristic that people, especially burdened by these months of extremely drastic violations of the law and violation of the constitution, or at least a large part of these people, are probably leaving for the European Parliament at this moment, because we do not know the election results, – added Kaczyński.

Kaczyński about the Pegasus commission

Kaczyński also referred to the fact that Mikołaj Pawlak, former director of the Department of Family and Juvenile Affairs at the Ministry of Justice, summoned as a witness before the parliamentary investigative committee on Pegasus, refused to take the oath and then left the room during the meeting.

Mikołaj Pawlak left the meeting of the investigative committee

PiS politicians referred to this matter, assessing at a press conference in the Sejm that the Pegasus investigative committee should suspend its work until the Constitutional Tribunal issues a judgment on the application of a group of MPs declaring the establishment of the committee unconstitutional.

On May 8, the Constitutional Tribunal issued a security order, obliging the investigative commission into the Pegasus case “to refrain from carrying out any factual or legal actions” until it considers the application submitted by a group of MPs, which alleged that “the resolution establishing the investigative commission is unconstitutional.”

– We are dealing with a legal problem here. This is where security took place (…). And of course we will abide by the judgment of the Constitutional Tribunal, Kaczyński said. He added that the rhetoric of the Civic Platform on this matter, that “it is enough to say that something is PiS, then it no longer exists, it is already outside the legal system, is obviously unacceptable to us.”

– We could also use this type of approach. Any party could use this kind of approach. This is simply the destruction of the Polish state, in my opinion, intentional destruction of the Polish state ordered from outside, he added. When asked about the future work of PiS politicians in the parliamentary committee, Kaczyński repeated that they believed that the Constitutional Tribunal was functioning.

– The fact that you don't like its composition is a completely different matter. We also did not like the different compositions of the Constitutional Tribunal (…). We could like it or not like it, but we recognized it – of course, we also recognize the current composition of the Tribunal. And therefore, we believe that if someone calls for non-observance of this rule, mocks it in various ways, it simply fits into the policy of sowing anarchy, breaking up the Polish state, such anti-Polish work – he said, expressing the hope that “This will be assessed by relevant tribunals in the future.” – Only those that will be cleansed of foreign, agentic elements or those that were discredited, either before or after 1989 – he added.

Main photo source: Rafał Guz/PAP



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article