The Search and Rescue Group “Rescuers for People” from Bochnia (Lesser Poland Voivodeship) published a video in the media showing two boys throwing a cat. A notification has already been submitted to the District Prosecutor’s Office in Bochnia in this matter. The incident took place three years ago, but only now one of the perpetrators decided to share the recording.
The video was shared by the profile of the Search and Rescue group “Rescuers for People”. It shows two boys throwing a cat at each other and the third one recording everything.
The organization received the video anonymously from one of the perpetrators of the incident.
– Personally, I believe that the rights of this cat have been violated and we, as an organization that cares for the life and health of animals, will fight to ensure that the perpetrators of this incident are punished. The video is from three years ago, but only now one of the perpetrators decided to send us this recording. We managed to identify all the perpetrators, said the group’s president, Kacper Dudzik.
The information collected by the Search and Rescue Group shows that the injured animal is most likely a stray cat. Haven’t been able to find it yet.
A notification has already been submitted to the District Prosecutor’s Office in Bochnia by the legal office of legal advisor Daniel Gol, who announces that “they will exercise the rights of the injured animal in criminal proceedings.”
– The case is still developing. At this point, we have managed to determine that this is not the only video showing this type of behavior by these perpetrators. There is also a recording showing the same perpetrators kicking the dog, said legal advisor Daniel Gola.
Both the legal counsel and the “Rescuers for People” group know about the existence of the second video, which was made at the turn of January and February this year. Material collection is currently underway.
– After the material was published, the perpetrators of the incident began to delete all their data from their social media accounts, including: photos, personal data, place of residence. So they know that what happened should not have happened and they will most likely try to avoid responsibility for their actions – adds Dudzik.
The law firm is still looking for people who may have any information about the perpetrators’ activities.
– Ladies and gentlemen, if anyone has information about the activities of the people shown in the video, please contact us. Unfortunately, we know that this was not an isolated incident. Together with the Bochnianie Homeless Association, we have already submitted an appropriate notification to the District Prosecutor’s Office in Bochnia and we will exercise the rights of the injured animal in criminal proceedings – we read in a message issued by the Law Firm of Daniel Gola on social media.
The District Police in Bochnia is not dealing with this case for now.
– At the moment, we are not conducting any proceedings in this case. We also did not receive any official notification – said aspirant Michał Bajda, acting spokesman for the District Police Headquarters in Bochnia.
We have sent questions regarding this matter to the District Prosecutor’s Office in Bochnia and we are waiting for a response.
Main photo source: tvn24