The guests of “Coffee on the bench” talked on Sunday about the politicians who would appear at one of the journalists’ birthday parties. After the party, Borys Budka and Tomasz Siemoniak “put themselves at the disposal” of Donald Tusk. – It is perfectly normal that politicians know each other with journalists – said Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus, a member of the Left, among others.
Members Borys Budka and Tomasz Siemoniak “put themselves at the disposal” of the leader of the Civic Platform from his functions in the party and club, which was announced on Wednesday by PO spokesman Jan Grabiec. The decision was made after the politicians talked to Tusk. The case is related to the participation of politicians at the birthday of one of the journalists. The case came to light after the publication of “Fakt”, which published several photos showing politicians from both the ruling party and the opposition, taking part in the event together.
Among other things, this topic was discussed by the guests of “Coffee on the bench” on TVN24 on Sunday. They were Civic Platform MEP Bartosz Arłukowicz, Left MP Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus, Polish Coalition senator Michał Kamiński, PiS MEP Anna Zalewska, secretary of state in the Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Dera and Confederation MP Artur Dziambor.
Arlukowicz: who of the other participants was asked about all of this?
Arłukowicz noted that “so far only the people of the Platform said that they considered it inappropriate, therefore they put themselves at Tusk’s disposal”. – After this brawl, talking about Budka, Siemoniak and Neumann, who of the other participants was anyway asked about all of this? the politician asked.
– In fact, the real problem in Poland, among other things, is the Dworczyk e-mail scandal, what is happening in the health care system – he said. – I know that someday I will also see myself face to face with Minister Łukasz Szumowski. And I’m very much looking forward to it. During the work of the commission of inquiry, when we will explain everything that has been done in the government so far – he added.
Scheuring-Wielgus: PO politicians lied
– I have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that someone was just at the party – said Scheuring-Wielgus. – The fact that politicians know other politicians from opposing parties, that they know journalists is completely normal. If someone claims that such things do not happen, he is a hypocrite – she assessed.
She said that “there were two things that disgusted her about this party.” – One that the PO politicians who were asked where they were at that time lied. I think the real thing people mean is that the politicians didn’t tell the truth – that’s once, ‘she said.
– The second thing that disgusts me is that if Borys Budka screamed two months ago that sitting and talking to PiS together about the Reconstruction Fund is a betrayal, what a betrayal is not when I sit at the table with PiS and drink wine with him? – she asked.
Kamiński: this dispute is a proxy dispute
Kamiński assessed that “this dispute is a substitute dispute”. – He is primarily a function of the cleanup that Donald Tusk is doing in the Civic Platform – he added.
He stated that “obviously” he would have left such an event. “Neither they would be comfortable in my company, nor I would be comfortable in their company, and that is natural for me,” he said.
– If someone talks about me in the media, even such things as Marek Suski personally said about me, I have no reason to sit at the same table with him. But do I have a complaint that someone will sit with him? No, emphasized the senator. He added that he was convinced that the invitees did not ask who else would appear at the party.
Zalewska: these are very often people from the same districts
According to Zalewska, Tusk maintains that “there must be a Polish-Polish war” and this is “the real reason for putting himself at the disposal” of specific politicians. – This is what Tusk cares about. The fact that they lied – of course yes, but above all that they did not emphasize the situation that “you are not allowed to sit with you” – she added.
“These are very often people from the same wards with the same goals. Such a row is not acceptable in constituencies. There is a way to go, a sewage system, a theater to be saved, Turów to be saved – she explained.
– Politics is also work and please allow everyone who talks about their private life, about their personal life, about a book they have read, about a film, to stay with themselves, regardless of their political views – appealed the MEP.
Dera: let’s go this way, we will lead to total war
Dera stated that “if someone receives an invitation, it is his decision whether he will go for it or not.” He added that “idiocy” is to “ask who will be at the ceremony”. – Then let us follow this path, we will lead to total war. We do not walk, we do not talk, we do not argue, we do not argue, we only fight like wild tribes – he said.
– There are a few politicians who I would not like to sit with and I do not do it and if I had seen, I would have left. For example, Janusz Palikot, who caused a dramatic lowering of the political level in our country. But what if I do not agree with Mr. Michał (Kamiński – ed.) Or Mr. Bartosz (Arłukowicz – ed.) And we will meet and talk. This is some kind of crime, we have to explain ourselves to anyone about it? – He was asking.
Dziambor: politicians want you to hate each other
MP Dziambor turned to the viewers. – Ladies and gentlemen, politicians do not hate each other. Politicians want you to hate each other. Politicians want their grandparents to be for PiS, parents for the Civic Platform, and children can be for the Left or for the Confederation and not to sit down at the table on Christmas Eve – he assessed.
– Only thanks to this they live, because there is no stronger emotion than hatred and that is why it is so difficult to find a substantive opposition at this table, in this dispute, which is really only about emotions – he added.
He stated that “the festival of hypocrisy around this event is simply unimaginable.” – We talk to each other normally before the program. We smile at each other. Everything is fine – he said. “We are just fighting a political war that has reached such high emotional levels that it is really the families who argue with each other,” he said.
Main photo source: TVN24