14.7 C
London
Thursday, May 30, 2024

Borys Budka talks about the surveillance of Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz by Orlen. Politicians' comments

Must read

- Advertisement -


Orlen spent nearly half a million zlotys on surveillance of Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz in the middle of the election campaign – said the Minister of State Assets, Borys Budka, on Thursday. On Friday morning, Daniel Obajtek spoke on this matter. He said the report “was about checking links with foreign influence.” – The Polish state services should be responsible for such matters, not the private services of Mr. Obajtek using state funds – said the deputy head of the Left, Włodzimierz Czarzasty, in “One on One”.

In the middle of the 2023 election campaign, surveillance of Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz was ordered by an American entity. Orlen paid nearly half a million zlotys to prepare a short report on it on Thursday Borys Budka said in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24Minister of State Assets.

– The report is (was – editor) ready on September 15, 2023, exactly one month before the elections – he added. He stated that “in the middle of the election campaign” an American entity “for money from PKN Orlen” surveilled Sienkiewicz.

The Minister of State Assets said that the report he mentioned contained “all sorts of nonsense about the activities of Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz, his business activities, and the experts he employed.”

- Advertisement -

– This is an extraordinary thing, because in my opinion, at first glance, it may be just a cover to withdraw this money, to have a basis for these two invoices – one for USD 70,000, the other for USD 41,000. In total, nearly half a million zlotys, Budka said.

Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz under surveillance by Orlen. Obajtek responds. Report by Jan PiotrowskiTVN24

Obajtek: it was about connections with foreign influences

This morning, Daniel Obajtek, former head of the oil giant, spoke on social media. He confirmed that a report on Sienkiewicz's activities had been prepared.

“It is rude, Minister Borys Budko, to expose his party colleague, Minister Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz,” he wrote on the X platform (formerly Twitter).

Obajtek wrote that the report Budka talked about on TVN24 “concerned checking connections with foreign influences, including the purchase of Russian oil and protecting the interest of the Orlen group as a company.”

“It so happens that the report shows that companies related to Mr. Sienkiewicz received several million remuneration from ORLEN and PGNiG, including for consulting on the purchase of Russian oil and gas.” In the entry, the former president of Orlen asked Budka directly to publish the report in its entirety. “Anyone can wave single cards on the air,” he wrote.

In response to the post of the former president of Orlen, the current minister of state assets, Borys Budka, recommended patience in this matter. “On October 15, the time for 'sacred cows' is over. Step by step, we are accounting for each of their wickedness and violations of the law. This is done by the appropriate authorities. I recommend a little patience,” wrote Budka.

Czarzasty: there should be state services, not Mr Obajtek's private services

The deputy chairman of the Left and deputy speaker of the Sejm commented on the allegations in the “One on One” program. – The whole PiS and this environment used surveillance because they thought it was simply beautiful and wonderful. I have a question, why the hell didn't the services check this? – he said.

– We have services. We have the Internal Security Agency, the Central Anticorruption Bureau, intelligence, counterintelligence, all services, he added.

The Vice-Marshal also referred to Obajtek's words about checking Russian influence on Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz and said that “the Polish state services should be responsible for such matters, not Mr. Obajtek's private services using state funds in his company.” – It's a total mess and confusion. What have they led to? The whole way of thinking was: let's surveil, let's eavesdrop – said Czarzasty.

Czarzasty: Polish state services should be responsible for such matters, not Mr. Obajtek's private services

Czarzasty: Polish state services should be responsible for such matters, not Mr. Obajtek's private servicesTVN24

Politicians' comments

“Let no one have any illusions: this was not an ordinary government and ordinary power, e.g. over state-owned companies. It was a collection of scoundrels. That's why they need to be held to account. I am glad that I have the opportunity to take an active part in this settlement” – wrote Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz on Thursday evening.

“What the PiS government and its staff in the SSP did shows that it was one big scheme of ubiquitous villainy. The Augean Stable is a resort,” says the head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, Marcin Kierwiński.

“Kamiński eavesdropped, so Obajtek also had to. Kaczyński ordered, the boys did. The scale of PiS trash is shocking and terrifying,” wrote Left MP Tomasz Trela.

Main photo source: PAP/Łukasz Gągulski



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article