The opposition did not vote equally during last week’s parliamentary votes on the law on the Supreme Court, and on Friday Donald Tusk appealed to Szymon Hołownia to decide on the creation of a joint electoral list in the upcoming parliamentary elections. The relations between the opposition parties were discussed by the MEP of Poland 2050, Róża Thun, and the deputy speaker of the Sejm from the Polish People’s Party, Piotr Zgorzelski.
January 13 The Sejm passed the amendment the law on the Supreme Court, which, according to the authors, is to be a key “milestone” for the European Commission to unlock money from the National Reconstruction Plan. Almost everyone voted for the draft amendment on Friday PiS deputies. PiS coalition partner was against – Solidarity Polandand Confederation and Poland 2050. The vast majority of MPs from KO, Left and KP-PSL abstained from voting.
Zgorzelski: we did not vote together with Ziobro, we did not vote together with the Confederation
– Trust is fundamental, it has been strained in recent days – Piotr Zgorzelski commented on Poland’s decision 2050 to vote against the act. – The unity of democratic parties is the overriding value – he added.
– I have confidence in the Polish law, in the Polish constitution, in what each of us has said on the streets and demonstrated – replied Róża Thun. “I have confidence, after this slip, abstention in a blatant violation of the constitution, in those who voted against,” she added.
– 95 percent of the MPs of the opposition parties voted as we did. We did not vote together with Ziobro, we did not vote together with the Confederation – replied Zgorzelski. “None of us is so naive as to believe that the rule of law can be restored in this Sejm,” he added. – Today we had a great session of the Senate pact – he added about the current cooperation of the opposition.
– The unity of the opposition is the overriding value – added Zgorzelski. “And I think it’s right,” Thun replied. – Unity for the law, above all. (…) Together, we can reject the entire bill in the Senate, she added.
Piotr Zgorzelski also revealed that the cooperation of the opposition within the so-called the Senate bloc, i.e. the joint start of the democratic opposition in the elections to this chamber, “moves forward”. He also added that the opposition counts on about 65 seats in this arrangement. – We can do a lot to make the Senate, as it is now, a mainstay of Polish democracy – he assessed. The deputy marshal announced that specific solutions in this regard will be developed in February.
Thun: everyone wants to go together, go together for values
Chairman of the Civic Platform Donald Tusk met with the inhabitants of Lublin on Friday. During one of his speeches made a “heartfelt appeal” to the leader of Poland 2050 Szymon Hołowniaduring the Saturday congress of his party to respond to the proposal to run from a joint electoral list during the next parliamentary elections.
– I do not know what Szymon Hołownia will declare tomorrow – replied the MEP of Poland 2050 Róża Thun. – Everyone wants to go together, follow values together. (…) Do not let the tactics take precedence over the content – she appealed.
– We are open to all solutions, but certainly not to those that contradict the values we fight for – she added.
Deputy Marshal of the Sejm Piotr Zgorzelski said that first of all “one list of common issues” should be created. Among them, he mentioned joint voting on the law on the Supreme Court and cooperation of the opposition in the Senate.
Main photo source: TVN24