– This is information that sticks in the chair – Adam Szłapka from Nowoczesna commented on the case of Tomasz L., arrested on suspicion of espionage, who – as TVN24 journalists revealed – was a member of the liquidation commission of the Military Information Services 16 years earlier. – This man had the protective umbrella of PiS – said Krzysztof Śmiszek from Nowa Lewica.
Tomasz L. was detained in March 2022 by the Internal Security Agency on charges of spying for the Russian Federation. An employee of the Registry Office in Warsaw, 16 years earlier, in 2006, he was a member of the liquidation commission of the Military Information Services. He had access to the greatest secrets of Polish military intelligence and counterintelligence. We have the relevant documents, including the composition of the commission in which he worked and orders with his tasks, which indisputably confirm the involvement of Tomasz L. in the process of liquidation of the WSI. It is not known whether he carried out any activities for foreign intelligence during his time on the commission.
Szłapka: this is a disaster for our security
– This is information that sticks in the chair – commented Adam Szłapka. – The fact that he was placed in the WSI liquidation commission is a catastrophe. If it is true that he was a Russian spy, it is a disaster for our security.
– The information that was collected in the WSI was the brain and heart of the entire Polish defence. The liquidation of the WSI was for some reason a flagship project Jarosław Kaczyński and Antoni Macierewicz – he said. – The liquidation commission had access to all information. To the list of agents, to personnel files, to the operational fund – he enumerated.
Śmiszek: PiS will not run away from answering questions
– Law and Justice will not run away from answering questions. Who allowed Tomasz L. to sit in one of the most sensitive places for the security of the country, and also for the security of Europe? – commented Krzysztof Śmiszek. He also pointed out that the WSI also cooperated with the intelligence services of other countries.
– For several good hours, no one from Law and Justice has the courage to speak and say anything about Tomasz L. – he added. – This man had the protective umbrella of PiS – he said.
– PiS will not escape from gluing this party and this formation with the man who is in custody today – he commented.
Main photo source: TVN24