4.8 C
London
Friday, March 1, 2024

Chełmek. Carbon monoxide poisoning, 44-year-old in serious condition. His son found him

Must read

- Advertisement -


The 44-year-old was hospitalized in a serious condition after carbon monoxide poisoning at home in Chełmek (Lesser Poland Voivodeship). The carbon monoxide was leaking from a gas cylinder powered heater. The concentration of dangerous gas in the air exceeded the norm by almost 10 times.

The dangerous event took place on Wednesday around 9 pm in Chełmek near Oświęcim in Lesser Poland. The 44-year-old lying in one of the rooms on the floor was found by his 21-year-old son, who returned home late in the evening. The man was not breathing.

Read also: Chad – what is it? What to do with lead poisoning?

The brothers resuscitated the father, the man is in a serious condition

The 21-year-old, together with his brother, called an ambulance and proceeded to resuscitate his father, who was not breathing. After the ambulance arrived, the paramedics took the victim and took him to the hospital. The 44-year-old is in serious condition.

- Advertisement -

Look: “Chad kills slowly, in silence. We want it to be loud”

– Due to the suspicion that the man was poisoned by carbon monoxide from a heater powered by a gas cylinder, firefighters conducted an air test. It showed 300 ppm of carbon monoxide in the air, said the spokeswoman for the Oświęcim police, staff assistant Małgorzata Jurecka. This concentration is nearly nine times higher than the legal limit of 35 ppm. Around 200 ppm, a person begins to feel the symptoms of poisoning.

soot, carbon monoxidePSP Poznań

A passerby saved a senior woman poisoned with carbon monoxide

A 78-year-old woman from Węgierska Górka (Silesian Voivodeship) was more lucky, whose life was saved by a random passerby. The man heard a carbon monoxide detector signal coming from the elderly woman’s house. He alerted the rescuers. The police broke the glass in the door to get in.

Read also: The carbon monoxide detector woke them up. They felt no pain, no nausea, no weakness. The parents and three children were taken to the hospital

– The 78-year-old woman inside was very weak. She couldn’t walk anymore. Paramedics provided her with help, said staff midshipman Mirosława Piątek, a press officer of the Żywiec police.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoningKG PSP

Main photo source: TVN24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article