-0.3 C
Saturday, December 2, 2023

Chełmno. Fire at a food festival, six people burned

Must read

- Advertisement -

Six people were injured after igniting a catering heater during a culinary festival in Chełmno (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship). Two women suffered extensive burns, the fire department said.

The incident took place on Sunday (July 23) around 2.30 pm on the Market Square in Chełmno near Bydgoszcz. During the culinary festival of the Circles of Country Housewives, a gastronomic heater was ignited.

Fire department: six people injured

As the authorities of Chełmno reported in social media, the unfortunate accident took place at one of the stands. Droogs from the volunteer fire brigade and paramedics securing the event were the first to help the injured.

- Advertisement -

– Six people were injured, two women aged 58 and 23 suffered extensive burns. The four other injured women suffered burns to their hands and legs. All these people were taken to hospitals in Grudziądz, Chełmno and Świecie. In the most serious case, burns cover 35 percent of the body surface, the deputy commander of the State Fire Service in Chełmno, senior captain Artur Tokarczyk, told us.

The firefighter reported that – as a result of the ignition of the device – the clothes of the injured women caught fire. The police are investigating the matter.

Main photo source: Google Maps

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article