Friday is the right day for a scrumptious mixture: chocolate and pecan pie.
Morgan’s “Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie” recipe combines the scrumptious style of pecan pie with two forms of chocolate chips.
In her blog post, Morgan describes her chocolatey twist on the basic pecan pie as “the right dessert to serve on particular events.”
1 refrigerated pie crust, unbaked
2 cups pecan halves (plus just a few additional for prime of pie)
⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
⅓ cup darkish chocolate chips (plus just a few additional for prime of pie)
1 cup mild brown sugar
½ cup mild corn syrup
1 teaspoon. vanilla
3 tablespoon. salted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 levels.
2. With a rolling pin, roll the pie crust to suit a 9″ deep dish pie plate. Press it into the plate and crimp the perimeters if desired.
3. Add pecans to the unbaked pie crust shell. Ensure that they’re proper facet up which is able to make a prettier pie. Sprinkle chocolate chips on prime of pecans.
4. In a separate bowl, add eggs, brown sugar, mild corn syrup, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk till blended.
5. Pour contents of bowl over pecans and chocolate in pie plate.
6. Pecans will rise to the highest, however use just a few additional to randomly place on prime of filling. Do the identical with additional chocolate chips.
7. Bake pie for 50 minutes in a 350 diploma oven.
8. Cool pie for one hour on a pie rack earlier than serving. After one hour, you might want to position in fridge for half-hour to assist the center set.