This is an agreement that the Polish political scene has not yet seen – said the head of the Agreement, Magdalena Sroka, who referred to the provisions of the coalition agreement between Law and Justice and the Republican Party in “Kawa na Ławą”. According to the head of the Left club, Krzysztof Gawkowski, “we all pay with public money so that the ruling majority does not fall apart.” The head of the president’s office, Paweł Szrot, stated that “personal issues are always the subject of political arrangements.”
The guests of “Kawa na Ława” referred to the provisions of the Law and Justice and the Republican Party’s coalition agreement disclosed by tvn24.pl, which was concluded in October 2021, where the vast majority of points refer to the division of power: places on the lists, positions in the government and in publicly funded institutions. Only one applies to the program in general terms.
Sroka: today there is a thesis three times “k”
The head of the Agreement, Magdalena Sroka, whose party was in the past a member of the coalition government with PiS, recalled in this context the words Jarosław Kaczyńskithat you don’t go into politics for the money. “And today, when such agreements come out, we see that this doctrine has changed,” she said.
As she continued, “Today you go to politics for money, certainly in the edition Adam Bielan and the Republican Party.” – This agreement is an agreement that the Polish political scene has not yet seen – she assessed.
According to politicians, “today the thesis is put forward three times ‘k’, i.e. money, money, money”. – And here Adam Bielan leads the way. And all these positions, fruits and opportunities they have show that only money matters to them – added Sroka.
Emilewicz: It is normal for coalition agreements to include such provisions
Member of the PiS parliamentary club, former deputy prime minister Jadwiga Emilewicz she said that “perhaps she is the only one who has read tvn24.pl’s report on this allegedly scandalous deal”. – If we are talking about which areas of the state are taken over by one of the coalition partners, then for God’s sake, it is an element of every coalition agreement – she commented.
Emilewicz argued that it is “normal for coalition agreements to contain such provisions”.
– First, we agree on the program. This programming agreement was concluded in 2015, repeated in 2019. The new coalition agreement was created during, let’s face it, a crisis in the ruling coalition, i.e. when some agreement party decided that the records of the coalition party from 2019 are still in force and we want to run to one goal, and some decided that they are going a different way, she said.
Gawkowski: We pay to keep most of it from falling apart
The head of the Left parliamentary club, Krzysztof Gawkowski, said that “Jarosław Kaczyński guards the parliamentary majority, spending public money to pay people who stay close to the government with money.” “We’re paying all of our money to keep most of it from falling apart,” he said.
– Since we already know that Mr. Kaczyński has no influence on deputies who were ideologically supposed to stand for election on their lists and need to be bought in order to keep them in the government, this is not a surprise. Law and Justice It has been doing this for many years,” Gawkowski commented.
– I put a question mark on whether it is really about Poland or about keeping power for money – he added.
Szrot: personnel issues are always the subject of political arrangements
The head of the Cabinet of the President of the Republic of Poland, Paweł Szrot, asked by Konrad Piasecki about the provisions of the agreement between PiS and the Republican Party, replied that “the editor behaves as if he had discovered America”.
– Personnel issues are always the subject of political arrangements, but this topic is somewhat beside my ministry, as the cooperation of Mr. President and the government coalition and the opposition is regulated by the provisions of the constitution – he said.
– Mr. President is primarily interested in Poland having a stable government based on a majority coalition. The president is an experienced politician and understands the various conditions on the basis of which this coalition is concluded, he added.
Gasiuk-Pihowicz: this is an agreement on plundering Poland
Member of the Civic Coalition Kamila Gasiuk-Pihowicz said that she understood when “coalition agreements concern a programme, they indicate which minister takes responsibility for the implementation of a particular programme”.
– However, this (PiS – Republican Party – ed. agreement) is not a coalition agreement. I object to calling this document a coalition agreement. It was an agreement about plundering Poland, about who would grab the National Center for Research and Development, who would grab what company, what ministry. The only binder here is money, she assessed.
As she added, “the proposal to take a ministerial post in exchange for bringing two MPs to the PiS side is political corruption in writing.”
Pasławska: this agreement shows that there is a paramafia system in Poland
A member of the Polish People’s Party, Urszula Pasławska, spoke in a similar tone. – This is not a coalition agreement. This agreement shows that there is a paramafia system in Poland, she said.
– Unfortunately, today Poles are in a sense Teflon, that is, it does not reach Poles, they do not care that much because they know that PiS has looted, looted and will loot. That is why today Poles must be reached with other proposals, because this is already inscribed in the norms of ruling Law and Justice – she said.
As Pasławska added, “this agreement also confirms that MPs do not believe Kaczyński.” – How meticulously it had to be defined, it only confirms the fact how great is the quarreling and disbelief there – she said.
Main photo source: TVN24