The commission to investigate Russian influence is a “vote of no confidence in the secret services,” said Dariusz Klimczak from PSL in the “Kawa na bench” program on TVN24. According to Artur Dziambor, an MP from the Freedom Party circle, “the point is only to summon Donald Tusk and shake his finger at him.” Jadwiga Emilewicz from PiS explained that “the source of the commission’s appointment is the question of how contracts for the supply of energy sources to Poland were shaped.”
The Sejm majority adopted the act on “a commission to investigate Russian influence on Poland’s internal security”. The opposition claims that this is an unconstitutional regulation aimed at them. Decisions that could be made by the commission include: banning the performance of functions related to the disposal of public funds for up to 10 years and withdrawal and banning of security clearance for 10 years.
Emilewicz: if she does not have the materials, she will not publish the report until September 17
The planned creation of the commission was discussed on Sunday by the guests of “Kawa na Ława” on TVN24. Jadwiga Emilewicz from PiS, which voted for the commission, indicated that “since February 24 last year we are at war”. – Consequences war in Ukraine they concern us directly, especially in the area of energy security. Doubts about how the energy policy of the European Union was shaped were expressed by us, but also by the largest opposition party, i.e. the Civic Coalition – she said.
And – as she stated – “the source of the appointment of this commission is the question of how contracts for the supply of energy sources to Poland were shaped.”
The act assumes that the commission will present its first report on September 17. The presenter pointed out that all legislative process and selecting the composition of the commission will mean that it will have only a few weeks to prepare such a report.
– The act and the adoption of the act is an act of the will. We do not know how the commission will work and how fast it will work, with approximately 200 days until the elections. That’s why I wouldn’t say that it’s task-oriented, that on September 17 she will definitely publish something, because if she doesn’t have materials, she won’t publish it – replied Emilecz.
Budka: The genesis of this committee is Jarosław Kaczyński’s fear of Donald Tusk
Boris Budka from the Civic Coalition said that “the genesis of this committee is fear Jarosław Kaczyński against Donald Tusk.” – You voted for something that is unconstitutional, has no legal basis, is a Bolshevik commission that is supposed to decide that someone cannot hold state functions – he said.
– You have been in power since 2015, the prosecutor’s office has been in Ziobro’s hands since 2016. You have all the tools that would allow you to explain any irregularities – he turned to the rulers.
In his opinion, “it will be a commission consisting of people who will get a task from Kaczyński – to attack Tusk”. – Because if you want to explain Poland’s dependence on raw materials from Russia, let me remind you that you led to the largest import of coal from the east in 2018 – added Budka.
Rzepecki: If it leads to clarification of Russian connections, it will be to the benefit of the state
– First, let’s wait for the completion of work on this bill. We’re talking about something that doesn’t exist. The act is currently being submitted to the Senate. Mr. President is at the final stage of the legislative process and then he will make decisions. This law can still change dramatically – said Łukasz Rzepecki from the president’s office.
– For me personally, transparency and clarity are very important things. If this law clarifies the situation of Russian ties, I think it will be beneficial for the Polish state, he added.
Czarzasty: stupid and frivolous
Włodzimierz Czarzasty, Deputy Marshal of the Sejm from the Left, indicated that “this commission will work for a month and a half, and for a month and a half it is to settle all the complexities of Russian influence on Poland.” – Are you crazy? It’s so stupid, so frivolous. What will you do for six weeks with all the Russian machinery? Nothing. You will scream every day that this one is bad, this one is disgusting, this one is disgusting.
He declared that the Left would not nominate its candidates to the committee. “We will not participate in this farce at all,” he said. – I hope that Mr. President will not make a fool of himself by signing this law – added the deputy marshal.
Dziambor: it’s just about calling Donald Tusk and shaking his finger at him
Artur Dziambor from the Wolności’s circle said that “the point is only to summon Donald Tusk and shake his finger at him”. – The genesis of this commission was that when the war began, Russia invaded Ukraine, there was a gigantic need to show that Russia is the business of those people, not us – he said.
– Although PiS knows what sins it has on its conscience and knows that Russia was treated as a business partner and imported gas, oil and coal from Russia, it wants to give the impression that it has nothing to do with Russia – added the MP.
Klimczak: this is a vote of no confidence in the Polish special services
Dariusz Klimczak from PSL said that “this committee is a vote of no confidence in the Polish special services.” – You mean to say that you were so incompetent that you could not prove a single fault to those politicians who are your guides today? This committee is supposed to be a political inquisition before the elections – he said.
– You want to achieve the following goal: you will throw mud at a few politicians. You will say that it is not worth voting for them because they were pro-Russian and even if they win seats, they will not be able to hold office. The most paradoxical thing is that the accusations against pro-Russianism are presented by those politicians who in February this year allowed the state-owned Orlen to import oil from Russia, added the PSL politician.
Main photo source: TVN24