It was a meeting with a good atmosphere, everyone emphasizes that, but in recent years this has not been an everyday occurrence in Poland – said Jan Grabiec (Civic Coalition) in “Fakty po Faktach”, commenting on Tuesday’s conversation between KO representatives and the president. On Wednesday, Andrzej Duda will meet, among others, representatives of the Third Way. – They will talk about making sure Mr. President that the three electoral committees have a parliamentary majority of 248 MPs and nothing will change in this matter. And this is probably the most important message for the president – said Piotr Zgorzelski (Third Way).
The president’s first consultations took place on Tuesday Andrzej Duda with representatives of electoral committees that will be represented in the new Sejm. Firstly Representatives of Law and Justice talked to the presidentthen they took place talks with a delegation of politicians from the Civic Coalition.
The next consultation meetings will be held on Wednesday. At 11 a.m. the president will meet with representatives of the Third Way, at 1 p.m. – the New Left, and at 3 p.m. – Confederation.
Grabiec: it was a meeting with a good atmosphere
Jan Grabiec from the Civic Coalition said in “Fakty po Faktach” that the meeting “looked good.” – It was a meeting with a good atmosphere – everyone emphasizes this – but in recent years in Poland it has not been common to have meetings between politicians from various sides of the political scene, especially those from PiS and those from the democratic opposition. , took place in a good atmosphere – he said.
– You could say that after these elections everything has changed, not only in the democratic camp, he added.
– It seems that President Andrzej Duda really wants to know the views and positions of all political formations in the Sejm. It is difficult to conclude based on this what decision he will make. (…) The president announced that he would respect the constitution and act in accordance with its letter and spirit, Grabiec said.
Zgorzelski: We will want to assure Mr. President that the opposition has a majority
On Wednesday, the president will meet, among others, with representatives of the Third Way. – I think they will also talk about ensuring that Mr. President, just like his colleagues from the Civic Coalition, did, that the three electoral committees have a parliamentary majority of 248 MPs and nothing will change in this matter. And this is probably the most important message for the president – said Piotr Zgorzelski from Trzecia Droga.
– When you hear that the president will try to follow the constitution, you can say: better late than never. But in this respect, the president has a lot to make up for, for example in the justice system, which has been devastated. And at the end legislative processwhich devastated the justice system was always signed by President Andrzej Duda – he added.
– If he wants to comply with the constitution, the president can, for example, withdraw from the Constitutional Tribunal his request for the Tribunal to examine the Przyłębsk Act on the KPO by the Tribunal (Julii – ed.). This is money that is needed by everyone today: local governments, entrepreneurs, citizens. This is what President Andrzej Duda can do today, he noted.
Grabiec: Kaczyński has not brought anything good to his party in recent years
On Tuesday, President Andrzej Duda appointed Marcin Mastalerek as the head of the Cabinet of the President of the Republic of Poland. He replaced Paweł Szrot, who won a parliamentary seat from the Law and Justice party.
In a Thursday interview on Radio ZET Mastalarek said without hesitation that PiS president Jarosław Kaczyński should retire from politics. When asked whether PiS “successfully failed this campaign”, he replied in the affirmative.
– It’s hard to disagree with Mr. Mastalerek, at least on this point – commented Jan Grabiec in “Fakty po Faktach”. – We all have the impression that President Kaczyński has brought nothing good in recent years, not only to Polish politics, but even to his party, which lost the elections miserably, even though the direction was set by a “brilliant strategist” – he added.
– Better late than never. I hope this swallow shows that the president will try to exercise his office on his own. He will no longer be a member of the PiS camp, which, through his function as president, implements Jarosław Kaczyński’s political plan, but he will pursue the policy he vowed to pursue as president of the entire nation. So he will represent the majesty of the Republic of Poland and the constitution, and not the interests of the party that is leaving and losing the elections, he said.
Zgorzelski: Mastalerek waited eight years to pour out his grievances on the head of PiS
– Mr. Mastalerek waited eight years to vent his grievances to the head of Law and Justice. They did it, of course, at a specific moment, namely when Law and Justice lost the election as a party that does not have the ability to form a coalition, because it does not have such ability – said Piotr Zgorzelski.
He estimated that Mastalerek “relieved himself quite a bit” by saying “about the party president, who is a god in this party, that it’s time to retire.” – And this is even more so when, a few days after this statement, he accepts the nomination for the position of head of the chancellery in the arms of the president – he added.
– Maybe it’s good if today President Andrzej Duda chooses the main critic of Law and Justice as his closest collaborator. This may indicate that in the final stretch it will be possible to implement what is actually written in the constitution and has already taken place in the history of Polish democracy, he said.
Tusk goes to Brussels. “He has a plan for this.”
Donald Tusk will fly to Brussels. According to the secretary general of the Civic Platform, Marcin Kierwiński, the PO leader “will meet there with the leaders of other European countries.” Tusk is to talk, among others, with Ursula von der Leyen and take part in the summit of the European People’s Party. The talks will cover, among others: unblocking EU funds from the KPO for Poland.
– We need to make sure that this money appears as soon as possible and not wait a month, two, five, eight for the legislative process to end, until all changes can be pushed through and implemented, but to ensure a fast path to accessing the funds. EU. I know that Donald Tusk has a plan on this matter – said Jan Grabiec.
He pointed out that the key meeting of the visit would be Tusk’s conversation with the head of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen. – The shape of the KPO, the milestones and the assessment of what is happening in Poland depend on the European Commission. We do not intend to violate either the Polish constitution or EU treaties, we have declared this many times, but our good will is not enough in this respect, because we know that a lot of bad things have happened in recent years, we need to undo them, said the PO spokesman.
As Grabiec noted, the PO leader has not yet been designated by the president as the future prime minister, but “we intend to use this time.” – Hence this visit, hence the planned meetings – he added.
Piotr Zgorzelski also commented on the matter. – This is a terrible criticism of the Law and Justice government, because apart from the fact that they did not enable local government officials and entrepreneurs to use these funds in a situation when there are countries in the European Union that already settle these projects, it is also unacceptable that even They did not apply for advance payments, he said.
– We must tell everyone today that the advance payments have simply been lost due to the incompetence of this government. (…) This is very serious money, amounting to eight billion. This is really huge money – he added.
Main photo source: TVN24