We have clearly said that we are ready for the president to entrust the position of prime minister immediately to the person who will have a majority in the Sejm. No declaration was made, the president was very careful – said the head of the KO club, Borys Budka, in “Kropka nad i” about the meeting between the representatives of the Civic Coalition and the president. – It was obvious that there were no arguments for PiS or for Mr. Morawiecki as a candidate – he added.
President Andrzej Duda today held consultations with representatives of PiS and the Civic Coalition. The leaders of KO, Third Way and the Left had earlier jointly announced that he would be the candidate of these groups for prime minister Donald Tusk.
READ MORE: Presidential Palace on consultations
Budka: the coalition is formed and the leaders confirmed it today
In “Kropka nad i” the head of the KO club Borys Budka He was asked, among other things, whether there had been any discussions about filling the positions before the meeting with the president. – There were good talks about the fact that we need a really clear signal to voters that the coalition is formed and the leaders confirmed it today – he replied. – 248 seats mean certain votes in the Sejm and a clear signal for the president – he said.
– Donald Tusk today could have gone to the president with a simple message: “yes, I am the candidate who has a majority in the Sejm.” The president doesn’t have to think about it anymore, he doesn’t have to pretend that there is another party that has a majority. There is no such grouping, there are no other talks. There is a simple thing: Donald Tusk is the broad coalition’s candidate for prime minister, he noted.
“It was obvious that there were no arguments for PiS”
When asked what the president said at the meeting with KO representatives, Budka replied that “it was a good conversation.” – The president said that he would always respect the constitution. Looking back, it could be considered a certain irony, but he emphasized that he knew the provisions of the constitution and knew perfectly well who should be the prime minister in Poland, although he knew his prerogatives – he described.
– We said clearly that we are ready for the president to immediately entrust this function to the person who will have a majority in the Sejm. No declaration was made, the president was very careful, he said that he had to consult other parties, but what was visible was not so much surprise, but the lack of any arguments for PiS or for Mr. Morawiecki as a candidate – he continued.
Budka added that in his opinion “it would be a fraud on public opinion if the president followed Jarosław Kaczyński’s scenario and pretended that there was anyone else who could win a majority in the Sejm.”
Budka: there are no and there will be no talks, because even the Confederation does not want to talk to PiS
Budka also referred to claims made by PiS, including PiS spokesman Rafał Bochenek, that the party is conducting talks in order to gain a majority in the Sejm.
– This is lying to people, there are no talks and there will be no talks, because even the Confederation does not want to talk to PiS. Why? Because PiS lost these elections – he said.
When asked whether the claims of PiS politicians about talks with PSL politicians were a lie, Budka replied that “it is a complete lie.” – Lies are normal in their lives. They will talk such nonsense. Perhaps even Jarosław Kaczyński They tell such fairy tales to make him feel better, as he was told throughout the campaign that he would win the elections, Budka said.
“There will be no thick line”
Budka also assessed that if Mateusz Morawiecki accepts the mission of creating a government, he will “embarrass himself not for the first and not the last time.” – He has been embarrassing himself in recent years, telling all kinds of false stories. He showed during the election campaign that he had nothing to offer. He made a fool of himself during this pseudo-debate, he made a fool of himself by showing that his biggest complex is Donald Tusk – he said.
– I think that if the president wants to at least be a person who fulfills his constitutional duties, he will not fit into Kaczyński’s scenario, because it would be pure fraud – said Budka.
He assured that “PiS does not have a single additional vote on the opposition side.” – Moreover, we are suddenly receiving signals from PiS politicians who would be very happy to betray this camp – he said.
When asked what PiS politicians say to them, Budka quoted: “a little too late.” – If someone has been destroying Poland for eight years, the only thing they can wait for today is a fair judgment if they have committed a crime. There will be no thick line, there will be no transition, he argued.
– We have a mandate and a sufficient number of votes to create a strong government that will repair Poland after PiS from day one – he argued.
Main photo source: TVN24