After a pandemic year of restrictions, we are flourishing in the wedding and wedding business. Since everyone over the age of 12 can vaccinate against COVID-19 – and state restrictions have allowed weddings to be held – registry offices are under a real siege. Material by Maria Mikołajewska.
Only in the first half of this year, Białystok officials gave as many weddings as in the whole of 2020 and 2019. – We accept declarations of getting married on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays and we have full dates until the end of September – said Mieczysław Mejsak, head of the Registry Office in Białystok.
Weddings and receptions – siege of registry offices
– There really is a wedding boom, I have the impression that everyone is trying to do their wedding in one short period of time – said Aleksandra Filiuk, manager of the Holiday Park hotel in Warsaw.
According to employees in the wedding industry, last-minute weddings with fewer guests are typical of this year’s season. Here – in the Szczecin wedding house – in a room for up to 150 people, parties for less than fifty are organized. Because safety against coronavirus infection is one of the elements that young people take into account when choosing a place for a wedding.
– Not focusing in small rooms, in small rooms, space, we open the door, adequate ventilation, HEPA filters. It is talked about and these are very important things. The disinfection system, UV lamps – all this is with us – said Małgorzata Śnieżek, owner of the wedding house “Dwór Białe Wino” in Szczecin.
– As you can see, there are no such regular tables, there is a cocktail form, snacks distributed, service for 4-5 hours, but on the other hand in a conservatory, with access to fresh air, with the possibility of ventilation – said Robert Graliński, CEO , Villa Foksal in Warsaw.
The wedding and wedding industry is making up for the losses suffered as a result of the pandemic
Many weddings organized – these are events that were postponed from last year due to the pandemic. Unfortunately, after the “lost” 2020 season, some wedding houses raised their prices, and in others it is difficult to find this year’s date – which means that so far unpopular weekdays and Sundays are very popular.
– This wedding week starts on Wednesdays and lasts until Sunday inclusive – explained Joanna Marchocka, PR & Marketing Manager, Pałac Jasminowy near Poznań.
Professional wedding organizers are also noticing a greater interest in their services this year.
– Planning a wedding is always plan A and plan B. In the event of a pandemic, it is always plan A, B, C and sometimes even D. Well, of course, the issue of people vaccinated here is very important for young couples. The issue of taking care of this sanitary regime by facilities – said Joanna Krukowska-Głowińska, wedding organizer, “Dream Wedding”.
The wedding industry was among those hardest hit by the lockdown. Therefore, it looks with concern at vaccination statistics that could prevent the re-closure of those who are just catching up.
Main photo source: Shutterstock