On Monday evening, the Journal of Laws published an amendment to the regulation of the Council of Ministers on the establishment of certain restrictions, orders and bans in connection with the epidemic. It imposes more restrictive limits on people in churches, sports facilities, cinemas and theaters, among others. These changes are to apply from December 1.
On Monday, the Minister of Health, Adam Niedzielski, announced at the conference “alert package of restrictions” due to the emergence of a new variant of the coronavirus called omicron. The changed restrictions are to apply from December 1 to December 17 inclusive.
The new restrictions announced by Niedzielski were:
– no flights to seven countries (Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe),
– quarantine extension to 14 days for people who travel to Poland from countries outside the Schengen area. Possibility to release them from quarantine – from the eighth day after the PCR test,
– all facilities with a 75 percent fill limit so far will be reduced to 50 percent – this includes gastronomy, hotels, cinemas, theaters, community centers, concerts, swimming pools and water parks. Vaccinated people will not be included in the quotas,
– changed limit for gatherings and celebrations – so far it was 150 people, now it will be reduced to 100. This includes weddings, communions and discos,
– change of the number of people at sports events organized outside sports facilities. So far it was 500 people, now it will be 250 people,
– a changed limit of people, among others, in shopping centers and large-format stores, gyms, fitness centers, museums – where previously there was a limit of 1 person per 10 square meters, now there will be a limit of 1 person per 15 square meters.
On Monday evening, the Journal of Laws published an amendment to the regulation of the Council of Ministers on the establishment of certain restrictions, orders and bans in connection with the occurrence of an epidemic, which regulates new restrictions.
The amendment to the regulation also specifies the provisions on the obligation to undergo quarantine. According to the document, it is not applied to a person who ended up hospitalization, isolation or isolation at home due to infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, as well as a person vaccinated against COVID-19 who has an EU digital covid certificate or certificate about vaccination, test result and recovery from COVID-19.
Other epidemic restrictions remain unchanged.
Main photo source: Wojciech Olkuśnik / PAP