Politicians discussed the fourth wave of the pandemic and the activities of the government, including talks with the opposition, on Sunday in “Coffee on the bench”. – As the government does not know what to do with it, the entire Law and Justice community decided to pretend that they were doing something – assessed the co-chairman of the New Left, Włodzimierz Czarzasty. Urszula Pasławska from PSL-Polish Coalition assessed that “we have a cowardly government that is afraid to make decisions that will protect our nation from depopulation today”. Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Marcin Przydacz said that “in order for further restrictions to function, it is necessary to develop a common consent in the parliament”.
On Friday, in the Sejm, Deputy Minister of Health Waldemar Kraska met with representatives of clubs and circles to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. It was the result of the talks that took place on Wednesday in the Sejm on the initiative of Marshal Elżbieta Witek. After the meeting, Kraska said that everyone had agreed on the bill on the compensation fund and that it would be referred to the Sejm on Monday. However, according to the opposition, the rulers did not come to talks with concrete facts.
Czarzasty: Law and Justice decided to pretend to be doing something
On Sunday, the guests of “Coffee to the bench” on TVN24 discussed the government’s actions in connection with the fourth wave of the pandemic.
The co-chairman of the New Left, Włodzimierz Czarzasty, said that he had the impression that “because the government does not know what to do with it at all, the entire Law and Justice group decided to pretend that they were doing something”. – Therefore, we pretend that we are discussing, that we are inviting, we are pretending that we are talking, involving ourselves in the discussion, we are inviting the opposition on this matter – he assessed.
– It’s good that individual clubs have submitted different proposals – he added.
– You are absolute cowards – said Czarzasty, addressing his words to the rulers. “You’re looking at your support bars, not whether people get sick or die. You do not control the issues of masks, you do not know how to encourage vaccinations, you have no idea. You run away from all responsibility in this matter – he added.
Hazel: the rulers for the last year and a half are just talking
Izabela Leszczyna, a member of the Civic Coalition, said that the rulers “have only talked for a year and a half”. – Recently you have come to the point that we will be testing education workers and medics. Such a bill was submitted by the KO club in April 2020. Please ask Marshal Witek why it has not proceeded with it yet – she said.
She added that she is not in favor of introducing compulsory vaccination against the coronavirus. She noted that “all of Europe did one thing – if you want to enter the cinema, theater, restaurant, shopping mall, you have to show your vaccination certificate”. – If you are not vaccinated, you are a threat, you have to isolate yourself – she explained.
Pasławska: We have a cowardly government
– What is happening in our country today is a great tragedy, which also consists in the fact that we have a cowardly government that is afraid to make decisions that will save our nation from depopulation today – assessed Urszula Pasławska (PSL-Coalition Poland).
– I ask myself and you, Minister, who is responsible in the government today for fighting the pandemic? Is the minister (Michał – ed.) Dworczyk, who does not exist, or the minister (Adam – ed.) Niedzielski, who could rather be an enumerator, because he only tells us about statistics and how beds are added in specific departments? – she asked Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Marcin Przydacz.
– Today there is no initiative on your part that would indicate that you want to take any responsible fight against the coronavirus. The strategy looks like this: who will survive, the one who will die, the one will die – she added. – Is that a responsibility? asked the deputy.
Przydacz: it is necessary to develop a common consent in the parliamentary forum
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Marcin Przydacz said that “this is a challenge for the entire state and society”. – In every electorate of every party there is some percentage of people who do not want to vaccinate, people who do not comply with these restrictions. Hence, today it is very urgent to work out a common position – such that everyone also directs messages to their voters – he added.
He said that “for the next restrictions to function, it is necessary to work out a common consent in the parliament”.
Noting that the rulers did not even have a proposal, he said there were opposition representatives who said these meetings were substantive. He added that this was a topic for further work next week. He noted that “some Poles do not comply with the restrictions that are already in place today”.
Main photo source: TVN24