5.7 C
London
Saturday, December 4, 2021

Crisis on the Polish-Belarusian border, clash at the Kuźnica border crossing. Wounded policemen, soldier and border guards

Must read

- Advertisement -


On Tuesday, at the border crossing in Kuźnica, migrants gathered there by the Belarusian services threw stones at Polish officers. Seven policemen, two border guards and a soldier were injured.

The situation escalated on Tuesday border crossing in Kuźnica. The migrants who had arrived there the day before threw stones, branches, and bang grenades at the Polish services and tried to force their way into Poland. In response, the police poured water cannons on the aggressors.

Police: aggressive attacks inspired by the Belarusian side are constantly repelledTwitter / PolskaPolice

Riots at the border crossing. Injured officers

Around noon, the police reported that one of the policemen involved “was seriously injured.” He was taken to hospital in Sokółka. Police spokesman Mariusz Ciarka confirmed that the officer had a skull fracture. This is a policeman from the Warsaw riot police.

- Advertisement -

In the afternoon, the police said that a total of seven policemen were injured. Among them was also a policewoman with head injuries who was hospitalized, and five policemen with injuries to arms and legs.

A Border Guard officer was also injured. “One of the stones hit her, she was taken to SOR” – told the Border Guard. A spokeswoman for the Podlasie Border Guard Unit, Major Katarzyna Zdanowicz in an interview with TVN24, the guard has a broken arm and a knocked out shoulder. In the evening, the spokeswoman for the Border Guard Headquarters, Anna Michalska, announced that two border guards were wounded on Tuesday. “Their life and health are not in danger,” she said.

In turn, one of the soldiers “was hit with a stone in the face during today’s attack by migrants” – informed the Ministry of National Defense. He was given help and – as the ministry reported – “his life and health are not in danger”.

Żaryn on a coordinated attack on the Polish border

The spokesman of the minister coordinator of secret services, Stanisław Żaryn, summarizing Tuesday’s events on the Polish-Belarusian border, said that there had been “unprecedented aggression against Poland”. “The aggression of migrants controlled by the Belarusian services is growing. In the vicinity of the Bruzgi border crossing, today there was a coordinated attack on the Polish border and the officers guarding it” – wrote Żaryn in a press release.

“Aggressive groups of migrants tried to destroy border guards and attacked Polish officers and soldiers with stones and other dangerous objects. As a result of brutal acts of aggression, police and Border Guard officers, as well as one of the Polish soldiers were injured. Thanks to the professional actions of the Polish side, the attack was stopped , and the border remained intact “- noted Żaryn.

The whole action – as he wrote – was planned and carried out by the services of Alyaksandr Lukashenka. He added that on Monday a group of several thousand migrants from a temporary border encampment, under the supervision of Belarusian officials, was brought to the closed border point in Bruzgi and prepared to forcibly push through the Polish border.

“Propaganda and disinformation activities were also carried out there: the regime media was brought in, and women and children were brought to the fore,” said the spokesman of the minister for the coordinator of secret services.

Żaryn: the first wave of attacks on the border stopped

Żaryn: the first wave of attacks on the border stoppedTwitter / StZaryn

Żaryn recalled that the attack on the Polish border itself took place on Tuesday morning. “Aggressive migrants threw stones, bottles, logs, as well as stun grenades and paving stones at Polish officers and soldiers. Some of them had hand-made stone-throwing weapons. The use of combat tactics was also visible – while one group of migrants threw at the Polish security forces with stones, the second one, using the cover, destroyed the border guards. The attacks were coordinated and monitored by the Belarusian services, “wrote Żaryn.

He stressed that “the attempt to cross the border by force has failed”.

A state of emergency on the eastern borderPAP

A state of emergency has been in force in the border area since September 2. Journalists do not have access to this zone. When reporting on the events at the border, the media can use almost exclusively official government recordings and information.

Main photo source: Ministry of Interior and Administration



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article