15.9 C
Thursday, June 13, 2024

Debica. Justyna, 32, died in the ambulance. Hospital director on the results of the internal audit

Must read

- Advertisement -

A special team appointed at the hospital in Dębica (Podkarpackie Voivodeship) which, after the death of 32-year-old Justyna Karaś, was to determine whether the method of providing health services to the woman was consistent with the principles of medical art and applicable medical procedures, completed its work. – Our investigation did not reveal any irregularities – Przemysław Wojtys, director of the Health Care Center in Dębica, told tvn24.pl.

On January 24, Justyna Karaś was admitted to the ZOZ Hospital Emergency Department in Dębica. Around 4 p.m., she felt unwell, complained of shortness of breath, weakness, and vision problems. She spent a total of several hours in the ER. There she was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm. According to her husband, despite the decision to have an emergency operation, transport to the hospital in Rzeszów, where she was to undergo surgery, was delayed for several hours. Mrs. Justyna did not live to see the procedure, she died during transport to the hospital in Rzeszów.

Hospital Director: Everything that could be done has been done

After the death of the woman – at the request of the director – a team was appointed at the hospital to investigate the circumstances of the death of the 32-year-old. It was composed of employees of the Dębica hospital.

- Advertisement -

According to the director of the hospital, Przemysław Wojtys, the commission assessed the course of events from the woman’s admission to the emergency department to the departure of the ambulance to the hospital in Rzeszów. – After analyzing the medical documentation and interviewing people providing health services to the patient, the commission did not find any violations – Wojtys told us.

We believe that everything that could be done has been done. There are no objections or objections to the work of the staff who examined and diagnosed the patient that day, he stressed.

Read also: A special team appointed by the starost will check the work of the ER after the death of the 32-year-old

He also denied information that the staff of the hospital in Dębica was delaying the transport. – It is not true that at 21.40 the patient was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm, because consultations were still taking place at that time – he said. He added that after diagnosing aortic aneurysm dissection, he was “immediately” ordered to be transported to a cardiac surgery clinic in Rzeszów.

However, he did not give us an answer to the question at what time the patient was finally diagnosed and how much time passed from the diagnosis to the ambulance leaving the hospital.

The director declared full cooperation with the institutions that are investigating the death of the 32-year-old. A similar declaration was earlier in the statement of the Dębica hospital. The prosecutor’s office received the patient’s medical records and we provide all information and explanations on an ongoing basis.

Read the full statement of ZOZ in Dębica >>>

She died a few hours later in the ER. She did not have surgery

The tragedy happened on January 24. 32-year-old Justyna Karaś felt bad around 4 pm. According to her husband Krzysztof, she had m. shortness of breath and vision problems. The family called an ambulance. Rescuers performed an ECG, the examination showed minor changes, the woman was transported to the ER of the hospital in Dębica.

The man informed the rescuers that Marfan syndrome ran in his wife’s family and that the woman could be burdened with it. It is a genetic connective tissue disease that causes, among others, vision or cardiovascular problems. It can also lead to an aortic aneurysm.

Throughout her stay in the hospital, the woman was in constant contact with her husband. How the man reportsJustyna felt worse and worse. She was weak, had low blood pressure. She wrote to her husband about her condition and what was happening in the ward in text messages.

Finally, a decision was made to transport the woman to a hospital in Rzeszów. The ambulance – according to the husband – was supposed to leave Dębica only after midnight. The 32-year-old has not had surgery. She died during transport.

Justyna died a few hours later in the hospital Family archive

Investigators are investigating the death of a 32-year-old woman. The case is also being investigated by the MPC, RPO and the National Health Fund

The investigation into the death of 32-year-old Justyna Karaś was initiated at the request of the family of the deceased on January 25 by the District Prosecutor’s Office in Dębica. It is based on Article 160 par. 2 of the Penal Code, which concerns exposure to the immediate danger of loss of life or grievous bodily harm, and Article 155 of the Penal Code, which concerns unintentional manslaughter.

Preliminary autopsy results showed that the woman died of a heart attack. Investigators are waiting for a comprehensive expert opinion. The prosecutor’s office questioned the husband of the deceased woman, secured medical records and monitoring from the hospital.

The prosecutor’s office in Dębica, at the request of the family of the deceased woman, withdrew from the investigation. The case was referred to the District Prosecutor’s Office in Rzeszów, which decided that the Regional Prosecutor’s Office in Rzeszów would investigate the circumstances of the death of the 32-year-old woman from Dębica.

Read also: Death of a 32-year-old woman. Residents protested in front of the county office, the hospital issued a statement

The circumstances of the incident are also investigated by the Patient Rights Ombudsman, Ombudsman and the National Health Fund.

The appointment of a special external commission to investigate the circumstances of Justyna Karaś’s death was also announced in an interview with tvn24.pl by Piotr Chęcik, the starost of Dębica. “There has been a tragedy and it needs to be explained. If it turns out that Justyna’s death resulted from a medical or organizational error, we will draw consequences – he assured.

Main photo source: Family archive

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article