14.7 C
Monday, May 20, 2024

Denmark. Abducted 13-year-old girl in Kirkerup. The happy end of the search after the signals of the inhabitants

Must read

- Advertisement -

Police officers, police drones and a helicopter searched for a 13-year-old girl missing in Kirkerup, Denmark. However, the key role was played by residents who sent hundreds of signals to the police that could help track down the teenager. And thanks to them – as the police indicate – it was possible to select the place where she was.

After abducting a girl “over the weekend Denmark was united like never before, “the portal of the weekly “The Copenhagen Post” noted. The 13-year-old disappeared on Saturday in the Danish town of Kirkerup while she was handing out newspapers. The family lost contact with her around 11.30.

The residents helped

The police found out about the disappearance of a 13-year-old girl at 1.40 pm. A decision was taken to take decisive action after a teenage girl’s bicycle, bag and phone were found on the street.

- Advertisement -

Not only the police, but also the public joined the search for her. Many officers, forensic medicine specialists, technicians came out in the field. Two drones, a helicopter and twenty dogs were used.

The search for a 13-year-old girl from Kirkerup, DenmarkPAP/EPA/CLAUS BECH

Police have appealed to the public for help in the investigation. They then asked for any footage recorded in the area, for example by car cameras, to be made available to them. In total, they received 600 signals from the local community.

And it was them – as later said at the conference by Rune Dahl Nilsson, the chief investigator in the case – that enabled the police to select the address where the 13-year-old was found alive on Sunday. Officers arrested a 32-year-old man at the scene.

“My 27-hour nightmare is over,” the girl’s mother wrote on Facebook on Sunday evening. She mentioned that her child “is doing well under the circumstances”. “A big thank you to all of Denmark,” she added.

The crucial 24 hours

According to Louise Dalsgaard, a legal expert at Danish public broadcaster DR, the first 24 hours in the search for the 13-year-old girl were crucial. “Although she was found alive, there is no doubt that it was a very serious event. This case could have ended differently had the police not acted as they did.”

Local police said the court in Næstved, after Monday’s hearing, decided to place the man in custody until May 11. An appeal was made to the public to continue to come forward with any information or recordings that might assist the investigation.

The Copenhagen Post, dr.dk

Main photo source: PAP/EPA/CLAUS BECH

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article