The police act on the orders of the court, and the verdict of the Polish court is irrevocable – said Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration Marcin Kierwiński in “Kropka nad i”, referring to the arrest of convicted PiS politicians Mariusz Kamiński and Maciej Wąsik. The TVN24 guest noted that the police should talk about the action itself, and the most important thing is that on Tuesday “the state acted” and the Presidential Palace is not “a kind of asylum, a territory excluded from Polish law.” He also emphasized that “everything was perfect in the cooperation between the police and the State Protection Service” and added that PiS politicians are not “political prisoners”, but simply “convicted for the wickedness they have done.”
On Tuesday evening, they were legally sentenced Mariusz Kamiński and Maciej Wąsik were detained on the premises of the Presidential Palace. They were taken to the police headquarters and then to the detention center.
The Minister of Interior and Administration referred to the matter in Wednesday’s edition of “Kropka nad i”. Marcin Kierwiński.
The head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration on the “strange behavior” of convicted MPs
– This is a police operation, so the police would have the most to say about it, but they will not brag about this type of activity. The police acted on the orders of the court. This decision was issued on Monday evening, it was forwarded to the officers yesterday morning and from that moment on, the police have a statutory obligation to implement the court’s decision – he emphasized.
– Hence the rather strange behavior, and this is such a delicate word, of Messrs. Kamiński and Wąsik. Yeah a press conference (Tuesday afternoon in front of the palace – ed.) was simply inappropriate in the context of the court’s decision, because if these gentlemen believe that they are still active politicians, then, first of all, they should respect Polish courts and their judgments – added the TVN24 guest.
Kierwiński pointed out that “the fact that they are subject to the judgment of a Polish court is probably irrefutable.” – It’s just a fact. The fact that the police had an obligation to stop them and bring them to justice is also a fact. I do not want to decide that they were invited to the 11th (ed.) and were guests of the president, because it has no significance in this matter. From the moment the court issued the decision, the police had the obligation to bring you guys in and they did it, he said.
“Everything was perfect in the cooperation between the police and the State Protection Service”
Kierwiński admitted that the presence of politicians in the Presidential Palace “of course made it difficult” for the police to detain them. – Gentlemen, they behaved as if the Presidential Palace was a kind of asylum, a territory exempt from Polish law, but no, it is not. If the gentlemen are convicted, if the police have a warrant to bring you in, the police must act. And yesterday it worked, the state proved effective, he said.
According to the boss Ministry of Interior and Administration “the attempt to anarchize public life on the part of Messrs. Wąsik and Kamiński failed.” – And it’s a good thing it didn’t work, because we are all equal before the law. The police acted, regardless of the fact that the case concerned famous politicians, he said.
Kierwiński also commented on the operation of the SOP. – Please remember that this is not State Protection Service selects guests who enter the Presidential Palace. I can say that everything was perfect in the cooperation between the police and the State Protection Service. The police requested appropriate assistance from the SOP and the SOP also participated in this operation. So from this perspective, the SOP behaved as it should, he said.
Kierwiński does not want to “play the game of commenting on fiction” Mastalerek
Kierwiński was asked about the statement of the head of the President’s Cabinet, Marcin Mastalerek, who said in Polsat News that the police officers’ behavior towards Wąsik and Kamiński made the ladies working in the palace cry. He added that it happened after the police “slammed him against the door frame” while taking Mariusz Kamiński out.
– I don’t want to comment on Minister Mastelarek’s fiction. A moment ago, Minister Siewiera, the head of the National Security Bureau, was at your station and he emphasized that the officers’ operation itself was carried out in a professional manner and I am also convinced that it was professional – said Kierwiński.
– I don’t know why Minister Mastelarek has such revelations, because as far as I know, he wasn’t there, so he probably wants to create drama. Completely unnecessary, because everything is clear in this matter, he said.
He added that there is no information about a possible attack by Mariusz Kamiński. – From what I know, the entire operation was carried out very professionally, very efficiently and the officers showed the highest professionalism – he said.
Head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration: I have information that the Police Headquarters asked the Chancellery of the President regarding the detention of Wąsik and Kamiński
Referring to the words of the head of the Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland, Grażyna Ignaczak-Bandych, who on Tuesday evening on TV Republika said that the police had broken into the Presidential Palace without presenting any document, the head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration said that he had information from the Commander-in-Chief of the Police that “an appropriate letter about assistance in detention, in accordance with the Polish court’s judgment, was sent to the Chancellery of the President. – I don’t know, maybe the minister didn’t see it, maybe the minister didn’t have time to decree this letter. This remains to be checked at the office, he said.
Kierwiński pointed out that “a more important problem is how it happened that two politicians convicted by a Polish court ended up in the Chancellery of the President.”
Kierwiński: the president must comply with the judgments of Polish courts
– The president, regardless of the fact that he is the head of state, must comply with the judgments of Polish courts. The court found that the men had broken the law. And it is worth emphasizing that the gentlemen exceeded their powers, using political functions to achieve political goals. They exceeded their powers and must be punished – emphasized Kierwiński.
– If the Polish state were unable to deal with politicians who abuse their power, we would be in a situation where any politician who has power and has any state services under him can launch any provocation against any citizen. There can be no consent to this, he added.
Commenting on the opposition’s statements that Kamiński and Wąsik are the first political prisoners after 1989, the head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration said that “these are PiS politicians convicted of abuse of power.”
– Sentenced by a Polish court in accordance with Polish law. Saying that they are political prisoners is some kind of hideous abuse, because we had political prisoners before 1989, we have political prisoners since Belarusin countries where regimes rule and the gentlemen are simply convicted by a Polish court, convicted for the evil things they have done – he noted.
Main photo source: TVN24