A member of the management board of the Monetary Policy Council sends a letter regarding “failure to perform duties” by the President of the NBP. Joanna Mucha from Trzecia Droga in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24 assessed that the National Bank of Poland is currently in the same condition as the Constitutional Tribunal. – We have institutions in a state of decay – he adds. In turn, Dariusz Joński from the Civic Coalition emphasizes that disputes among people associated with PiS take place at the expense of Poland – “our wallets and savings.”
On Wednesday, Paweł Mucha published a statement on the Adam Glapiński” of November 6, 2023.
– The matter is very serious because the credibility of the National Bank of Poland may directly translate into the stability of our currency. Let us remember that good central banks, through their credibility, sometimes cause, for example, a reduction in inflation expectations, so this is really a very serious matter – said Joanna Mucha from KW Trzecia Droga in “Fakty po Faktach” TVN24.
The Polish 2050 MP argued that it is worth thoroughly reading the letter by Paweł Mucha. – This letter shows what we can assume happened in the bank. Minister Mucha or member of the management board Paweł Mucha started to point out to the president that he was breaking the law. He began to draw attention to the fact that certain legal acts were not reviewed by the legal department. For this, he was punished with a reduction in salary, after which he continued to pay attention to various issues, for which he was punished by not having access to the resolutions of the Monetary Policy Council. The bank’s management board implements resolutions of the Monetary Policy Council. How can a management board member implement resolutions he doesn’t know? The situation is unbelievable and incredibly serious, Mucha pointed out.
– To all politicians PiS it’s all about big money and stools. So I can believe that Minister Mucha also has some financial grievances – said Dariusz Joński from the Civic Coalition. – It seems to me that there is great politics in the background. The Presidential Palace launched a counteroffensive, Joński said.
According to the MP, President Duda’s trusted person “is entering into an open conflict with the president of the National Bank of Poland, a person close to Kaczyński.” – We have an all-out war at the top of PiS. Andrzej Duda he wants to use every moment and every person he has in his political family to attack PiS, Joński noted.
Mucha: it’s a matter of decomposition of the PiS environment
Joanna Mucha explained that the background of the conflict between Paweł Mucha and Adam Glapiński is not the only reason to bring the president of the NBP to the State Tribunal, “if we are really dealing with breaking the law.”
– In my opinion, President Glapiński is engaged in political activity, which he cannot pursue, being where he is – she said. – I believe that such a request may be made against President Glapiński. However, I would also like to add that I do not think that this is a matter of any big politics, but of deconstruction, decomposition of this PiS environment – she said.
Ionian: strong and strong accusations against Glapiński
Dariusz Joński said that if a motion to bring Glapiński before the State Tribunal appears in the Sejm of the new term, the Sejm majority will analyze it. – If it is the case that the state deficit was financed from the NBP’s profit, then this is already unconstitutional. The president of the National Bank of Poland may also be responsible for this. This is a very serious matter. If what the board member writes about Glapiński in the letter were confirmed, these would also be very strong and powerful allegations, Joński said.
– However, I want to show that in all this legacy after Kaczyński, because I understand that Andrzej Duda and his people moved, there is Poland. They do it at the expense of Poland, our wallets and savings, the MP explained.
– The National Bank of Poland is in the same condition as Constitutional Court. We really have institutions in a state of decay, and we must realize that this is an extremely important institution for the economy. What’s more, President Glapiński, as a result of today’s statements, is already saying that inflation will increase, i.e. this falling inflation will only apply until elections – Mucha argued.
The MP pointed out that during Thursday’s press conference, the president of the NBP said for the first time that fiscal policy is responsible for the economy and the entire financial part, which means “he is already shifting the responsibility to the government.” – It is already saying that the future government will be responsible for the results, for inflation, for various things. He hasn’t talked about the government so far. So far, he has stuck to monetary policy, she said.
Main photo source: Radek Pietruszka/PAP