20.5 C
London
Monday, May 20, 2024

Does the commission for Russian influence aim to eliminate Donald Tusk from public life? Poll for “Fakty” TVN and TVN24

Must read

- Advertisement -


58 percent of Poles believe that the commission to investigate Russian influence in Poland is primarily aimed at eliminating Donald Tusk from public life, according to the latest Kantar poll for “Fakty” TVN and TVN24. A total of 27 percent of those surveyed are of the opposite opinion.

In a telephone survey commissioned by “Fakty” TVN and TVN24 by Kantar on June 5-6, respondents were asked whether, in their opinion, the commission to investigate Russian influence in Poland is primarily aimed at eliminating Donald Tusk from public life.

The answer “definitely yes” was indicated by 35 percent of the respondents, and “probably yes” – 23 percent. In total, 58 percent of the respondents believed that the commission to investigate Russian influence in Poland is primarily aimed at eliminating Donald Tusk from public life.

A total of 27 percent of the respondents were of the opposite opinion. The answer “definitely not” was chosen by 7 percent, and “probably not” – 20 percent.

- Advertisement -

15 percent of respondents gave the answer “difficult to say”.

The telephone survey was carried out by Kantar on June 5-6, 2023 on a nationwide, representative sample of 1,003 people over 18 years of age.

What is the commission to investigate Russian influence in Poland?

On May 26, the ruling majority in the Sejm passed the “lex Tusk”, i.e. the law proposed by PiS on the establishment of the State Commission for the study of Russian influence on the internal security of the Republic of Poland in the years 2007-2022.

The commission would operate on principles similar to those of the verification commission for reprivatization in Warsaw. The decisions it could take include, among others, a ban on performing functions related to the disposal of public funds for up to 10 years and the withdrawal and banning of security clearance for 10 years.

READ ON CONKRET24: Which articles of the Constitution of the Republic of Poland are violated by the “lex Tusk” act

On June 2, a few days after signing the law, President Andrzej Duda announced that he had prepared a draft amendment to the regulations and submitted it to the Sejm. Among the president’s proposals is to deprive the commission of the possibility of banning the performance of functions related to the disposal of public funds or banning access to classified information.

Main photo source: PAP/Pawel Supernak



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article