Paulina Hennig-Kloska from Trzecia Droga, Agnieszka Pomaska from the Civic Coalition and Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus from the New Left discussed in the “Women’s Choice” podcast who should be the candidate for prime minister. Guests Arleta Zalewska from “Fakty” TVN and Aleksandra Pawlicka from “Newsweek” also talked about the liberalization of abortion law and the elimination of the conscience clause.
Chairman of the Civic Coalition club Borys Budka said after Thursday’s meeting of the national board of the Civic Platform that the board authorized the PO leader Donald Tusk to coalition talks with the Third Way and the Left.
– It is the case that the largest party won elections and at the same time is able to form a government, has a majority in the Sejm, and has the right to designate a candidate for prime minister and appoint him. The leader of this party has the decisive vote here – said Paulina Hennig-Kloska from Trzecia Droga in the latest episode of the podcast “Women’s Choice” by Arleta Zalewska from “Fakty” TVN and Aleksandra Pawlicka from “Newsweek”.
– Donald Tusk or the person designated by him should be the candidate for prime minister and take responsibility for the majority and for changes – added Hennig-Kloska.
Scheuring-Wielgus: 26 people in the Left club will vote as they should
One of the issues that the new government would like to address first is the liberalization of abortion law. Although the representative of the Civic Coalition assured that her party plans to liberalize this law, her confidence was not shared by the other guests, Arleta Zalewska and Aleksandra Pawlicka.
– We should see how many people in the Third Way club and in the Civic Platform club will not guarantee us such a vote, because in the Left club 26 people will vote properly, said Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus.
– We are not sure what it will be like in Third Way and the Civic Platform – she emphasized and added that the position is still uncertain Roman Giertych.
– Roman Giertych will abide by the club’s decision – Pomaska assured her.
Pomaska: we will liberalize abortion and eliminate the conscience clause
Paulina Hennig-Kloska from Trzecia Droga noted that the leader of AgroUnia, Michał Kołodziejczak, who got into the Sejm on the KO list, did not make a clear declaration on this matter either.
At the same time, she added that “the vast majority of Third Way parliamentarians are ready to liberalize abortion.”
– Poles expect women to feel safe from us, which is why we will submit a bill liberalizing the abortion law to make it permissible up to the 12th week of pregnancy – assured KO MP Agnieszka Pomaska. – We will submit a bill decriminalizing abortion and abolishing the conscience clause – she added.