Watch what happens and draw conclusions. I am convinced that you will be as determined as I am and we will not hand over the fate of our homeland to the people who govern today, said Donald Tusk, the chairman of the Civic Platform, at a meeting with residents in Strzelce Opolskie.
Donald Tusk as part of the #TuJestPrzyszłość campaign, he met with the residents of Strzelce Opolskie on Monday afternoon. He said that “as he looks at the future of agriculture, energy, geopolitics, in each of these aspects he sees a serious threat due to governments PiS“. – That’s why I’m so involved, that’s why I’m so determined – he emphasized. He added that he would not give up because he knew how much was at stake in this game.
– I will ask all of you, those who still have the will and readiness to shape their fate better than the rulers want, not to close your eyes and ears. Listen, watch, look at what is happening and draw conclusions from it every day – said Tusk, addressing those present at the meeting.
Tusk: I am convinced that we will not hand over the fate of our homeland to the people who rule today
– If you’re critical, vigilant, they won’t hurt us. If we pretend that it is not our business, that we can close ourselves in privacy, in four walls, we will give our fate in their hands for many years and it will really be a very dramatic finale for all of us – he continued.
– After these hundreds of meetings and talks with Poles and Poles, inhabitants of our homeland, Silesia, from today here, in the Opole region, I am convinced that you will be as determined as I am and that we will not hand over the fate of our homeland into the hands of people, who rule today.
Tusk: the stake of the elections will also be whether Poland will remain in the European Union
During the meeting, Tusk also said that in the election year “we should understand that the stake of the elections will also be whether Poland will continue to a member of the European Unionwhether she will be condemned to loneliness again, as once in history.” – I don’t have to explain to anyone here, especially from my generation, what it means when war is on our borders, loneliness or conflict, or bad relations with all our neighbors without exception, he added.
– I am addressing you with a fervent request: listen to what they say. Don’t underestimate all the things they announce. They mean it seriously. Even if we don’t believe it because it seems so stupid, or so risky, or so unreasonable, but they mean it. They, if they have the ability to govern further, I will really be ready to do so. And it will be too late, – said the leader AFTER.
Tusk: we can build energy-independent communes and poviats
Tusk devoted part of his speech to energy issues. He announced that if his party governs, he will lead to the fact that Poland will have its own electricity at the commune and poviat level, and the vast majority of energy, as he said, will be produced and sold within the poviat.
– We can build energy-independent communes and districts and have our own electricity – said Tusk. Local entrepreneurs, he added, will be able to use the so-called green connection at these local energy producers.
– The potential power of what people privately – because the state promised, but did not help – installed on the roofs, is as much as the three largest power plants in Poland produce electricity – said the PO leader.
– It will be easy to build energy independence if space is freed up for renewable energy sources, if the state allows fast connections, if there is no monopoly, if there is a biogas plant, a windmill and photovoltaics at the commune level, then we will really be able to safely use coal energy sources as long as there are no nuclear ones, wait until nuclear energy becomes one of the main energy sources – he argued.
He assured that “these are not whims”. However, some decisions, he added, must be made immediately – for example, guarantees that every entrepreneur who wants to be connected to electricity should receive an executive decision that he can connect to the network.
Tusk stated that “attack Russia Ukraine has shown that our fate will depend on a wise solution to energy issues, also in geopolitical matters. – We must start producing energy that will not expose the climate and the environment to such a high risk as it is at the moment – he added.
Main photo source: TVN24