A group of foresters came to Saturday’s meeting with Donald Tusk in Płock. They emphasized that they were “against the politicization of forests.” – We are against constantly saying that real foresters are bad, because they are not. Those foresters down there aren’t bad. They work because they have to work and they are intimidated, they said. The leader of the Civic Platform declared that their speech was a “testament of courage.” He added that PiS did something worse than privatizing forests – it politicized them. – They destroyed a lot of things and institutions, but they did not manage to destroy people and thanks to people we will fix it all very quickly – Tusk said.
– We would like to tell you a few important things from us, real foresters – said one of the men. “We are here because there is no mercy for the faint-hearted,” said the other.
As he pointed out, “State Forests is a hierarchically managed company employing approximately 26,000 people.” – Most foresters are intimidated and paralyzed by the specter of losing their jobs and homes. The forestry community is politicized like never before. Foresters and society are regularly threatened by the threat of forest privatization. Therefore, foresters expect to ensure that Polish forests are maintained as a national and social good under the control of the State Treasury, not subject to ownership changes, the man said. He added that “foresters are also ready to adapt the currently applicable forest act to the changing environment of state forests, especially climate change and social expectations.
He emphasized that “foresters expect peace and normality.” – Foresters are, above all, naturalists. That is why we are also ready to reach an agreement with environmental non-governmental organizations, because there is more that unites us, not divides us, he argued. He noted that “nature is a gift and a task for us that we should pass on to future generations.”
Foresters said they, along with the forest services and timber sectors, were “concerned and even terrified by the amount of unprocessed wood being exported from our country.” – Polish wood should be processed here in Poland by our entrepreneurs – they announced.
– For a hundred years, because next year we celebrate the centenary of the existence of forests, society has been creating this forest together with foresters. (…) We received this forest as a gift from the public to manage. And we want to perform this mission well. Give us this chance, real foresters, to do it well, they appealed. They emphasized that they were “against the politicization of forests because it harms forests.” -We are against constantly saying that real foresters are bad, because they are not. Those foresters down there aren’t bad. They work because they have to work and they are intimidated, they said.
You will find everything about the elections HERE >>>
Tusk: they did something worse than privatization, they made Polish forests party-oriented
In response to the foresters’ statement Donald Tusk he stated that “today, crowd enthusiasm is aroused by those who stand in front of people and say a few words of truth, nothing more.” In his opinion, it is a “testament of courage” today.
– I don’t know who invented it PiS this is a lie that was probably born in 2003 or 2004, so a long time ago. And someone suggested that Tusk and the Platform want to privatize forests. Every time there is an election, they repeat this fairy tale. I was prime minister for 8 years. Have you seen or heard of any attempt to privatize the forest? – Tusk asked. As he added, “they talked about this fairy tale all the time, and in the end they did something even worse than privatization.” – They took advantage of Polish forests. Not only state forests as institutions, I am talking about the authorities, but in a sense they wanted to enroll forests and trees in PiS. And since forests cannot be signed up to PiS, they started cutting them down, said the PO leader.
– For a year now, when I meet in various places, someone almost always comes runs a business, where wood plays a key role. And people are in despair and can’t believe their eyes that they have to buy wood from wood Sweden, whether from Germany, Austria or the Czech Republic, because it is cheaper and available. They are unable to understand how it is possible that the most trees in history are cut down, and this wood is the least available and the most expensive, Tusk said.
He pointed out that the wood industry had been “the pride of Poland” for years. – In this we were one of the best or the best in Europe. We competed with the whole world, and now it is exactly the opposite – said the head of PO.
Tusk: they destroyed a lot of things and institutions, but they did not manage to destroy people
Tusk said that a forester is not only a profession, but also a vocation. – Look what PiS has achieved over the past few years. How low in the trust rankings have the professions of people who serve the state and serve society fallen. Foresters and policemen have always had very high trust. Journalists have always been at the top of public trust. Priests have been high for years. And they seem to be able to destroy and spoil the image of even this uniform, Tusk said.
He appealed for no one in Poland to think that “policemen and policewomen, border guards, forest rangers, that something bad happened to these people.” – No, something bad happened to the authorities – argued the leader of the Civic Coalition. He emphasized that in the ranks of foresters, “the vast majority are people who want to finally take a break and start doing what they are called to do again.”
– They destroyed a lot of things and institutions, but they did not manage to destroy people and thanks to people we will fix it all very quickly – Tusk said.
Main photo source: TVN24