The leader of the Civic Platform party, Donald Tusk, met with journalists at a press conference in the Senate on Friday. He primarily referred to the issue of the purchase of bonds by PiS politicians – Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and Senator Grzegorz Bierecki. – If Poland were a democratic country today, such matters, such issues, property declarations, using confidential knowledge to earn money – all this would be the task of the Central Anticorruption Bureau – said Tusk.
Donald Tusk, the leader of the Civic Platform, appeared on Friday at a press conference in the Senate. – Actually, not a week, and recently not a day, that some cases of abuse by the authorities are not disclosed – said Tusk. He added that the large number of such events “perhaps makes us wave our hand at it more and more often”. “We cannot keep silent on this,” he said. He urged that this should not be considered the norm.
Tusk: Sasin misled Polish public opinion
He noted that a few months ago, in November last year, the deputy prime minister Jacek Sasin predicted a marked decline at the beginning of the year inflation. – A few months earlier, the president of the National Bank of Poland, Mr. Adam Glapiński, said publicly to all Polish women and Poles – and I quote – “the probability of increasing interest rates is zero “- he added.
– When Jacek Sasin misled Polish public opinion by promising low inflation in 2022, low and falling, exactly at the same time Prime Minister Morawiecki spent PLN 4,600,000 on the purchase of bonds, so he successfully found a way not to lose, and actually how to earn high. At the same time senator Bierecki, PiS senator, the one from credit unions, you know him, he spent on bondswhich protect his savings against inflation, PLN 10 million – said Tusk.
The politician stated that “the list of those who knew that it is worth buying bonds that are protected against inflation, those that in some sense allow to earn high, this list is longer and you will find PiS deputies and ministers on them” . – When Prime Minister Morawiecki, very upset by the disclosure of this bond scandal, spoke in the Sejm yesterday, he also said a thing that I have the impression that some people have missed – when he said that he left PLN 100 million – said the leader of the Civic Platform.
– When we checked the declarations, the registers of benefits to see who earns high prices, who must have known that it is worth buying bonds that seem to be aimed at inflation, high prices, we did not find a trace of the PLN 100 million – he added.
Tusk: The Central Anti-Corruption Bureau is in fact the Center for the Security of Afe-people
According to Tusk, “there is no such democratic country in the world where the government would survive one day longer after it was revealed that the prime minister and ministers of this government a) mislead the public by saying that there would be no inflation, b) at the same time they spend millions of their private money on the purchase of bonds that protect money against inflation, c) no one from that, the prime minister of the government reveals that he left somewhere 100 million zlotys “.
– If Poland were a democratic country today, such matters, such issues, property declarations, using confidential knowledge to earn money – all this would be the responsibility of Central Anticorruption Bureau. For seven years, since PiS rules, the CBA has not detected any scandal and has not got to the skin of any minister, any participant in this closed system that was born before our eyes – assessed Tusk. He added that “we do not have a Central Anti-Corruption Bureau today”, and “the CBA is actually a Security Center for Afro-people”.
– If a few years ago, when PiS launched an attack on the courts, I said, asking the Polish media to alert Polish public opinion that the attack on independent courts, paralyzing the Central Anticorruption Bureau, subordinating the prosecutor’s office, that all this serves one purpose, so that the authorities could steal with impunity, the state did not believe me. Today we have no doubts that they have built a state that allows them to earn money from the pandemic, the Polish Red Cross and respirators, and today it is clearly visible that they can also earn from the high prices that have affected all Polish families – said Tusk .
– All this tangle of events, at the end with this disgusting mechanism in its essence: poverty for Poles and various types of cunning maneuvers for people in power. This is the classic closed system – without courts, with government media subordinate, with a subordinate prosecutor’s office. We have to put an end to it. It really can’t be any longer – he summed up.
Main photo source: TVN24