The idea is to give nearly five and a half million inhabitants of Poland, people with disabilities, a chance for an independent, subjective life. The state should support them in striving to function as independently as possible, said the new Minister of Family, Labor and Social Policy, Agnieszka Dziemianowicz-Bąk, in “Kropka nad i”.
She was sworn in at the Presidential Palace on Wednesday the Council of Ministers under the leadership Donald Tusk. The guest of “Kropka nad i” was the new Minister of Family, Labor and Social Policy, Agnieszka Dziemianowicz-Bąk. She talked about her first actions as a member of the government.
One of the areas it will deal with is improving the situation of people with disabilities. – The idea is to give nearly five and a half million inhabitants of Poland, people with disabilities, a chance for an independent, subjective life. The state should support the pursuit of the most independent functioning possible, she said.
Dziemianowicz-Bąk: we are already putting out the fires caused by Law and Justice
As she added, this will be helped by “the introduction of the Act on Assistance, which this community is waiting for so much”, which will ensure “relieving the burden on caregivers of people with disabilities, enabling respite leaves”, as well as “investments in supported housing”.
– We have to take the first steps. The law on assistance is included in the coalition agreement, she said. – We are already putting out the fires it caused Law and Justice, not forgetting that people are running out of disability certificates and may lose their benefits. There is a parliamentary bill in the Sejm that will be urgently processed to protect these people from losing their livelihoods, said the new Minister of Family, Labor and Social Policy.
Dziemianowicz-Bąk: the barbaric anti-abortion law must definitely end
Another area is the demographic situation. – Women today do not want to get pregnant, they are afraid of getting pregnant for several reasons. These are reasons such as the almost complete ban on abortion. Because they are simply afraid that if something happens, if the pregnancy does not proceed properly, doctors will not provide help – said Dziemianowicz-Bąk.
– This barbaric anti-abortion law must definitely end. The first step is, of course, the decriminalization bill, which is submitted to the Sejm, she added.
As she said, “the fact that we have problems with demographics, that so few children are born, is also due to the housing crisis, but also to the uncertainty of women on the labor market.” – We need to strengthen the protection of women in the labor market. We need to strengthen women’s activity on the labor market and invest in the development of nurseries, she said.
Dziemianowicz-Bąk: we will immediately start working on the second indexation of pensions
The new minister was asked about the proposals for social benefits. – Women in Poland statistically live longer, which means that they also lose more often, they are widows and they lose their spouse. Such a loss costs a lot, not only emotionally, which is obvious, but also financially. When another person disappears, half of the costs of maintaining the household do not disappear – said the new Minister of Family, Labor and Social Policy.
– That is why we will support (the project – ed.) submitted to the Sejm, but also propose our own solutions regarding widow’s pension, i.e. the possibility of choicewhat kind of 100 percent and what kind of benefit such a person will be able to receive, so as to be able to safely plan their budget – she continued.
– Prime Minister Donald Tusk also talked about one of the Left’s proposals in his exposé, i.e. the second valorization pensions. My ministry will also start working on such solutions immediately, she added.
Dziemianowicz-Bąk about the inter-ministerial team for mental health of children and adolescents
An Inter-ministerial Team for restoring the rule of law and constitutional order will be established. Prime Minister Donald Tusk’s order on this matter was published in Monitor Polski on Wednesday evening. The team’s tasks will include, among others, “identification of areas and analysis of issues related to restoring the rule of law and constitutional order.”
Agnieszka Dziemianowicz-Bąk commented on this decision. – A similar proposal, I think, in consultation with the Minister (of Education Barbara – ed.) Nowacka and the Minister (of Health Izabela – ed.) Leszczyna (…) should be made in terms of establishing an inter-ministerial team for mental health of children and adolescents . I talked to Prime Minister Donald Tusk about this. He recognizes the gravity of this crisis, she said.
As she said, “the mental health crisis is, in a sense, a second pandemic.” – Today, more than ever, young people themselves report problems with their mental health. Suicidal thoughts appear, and unfortunately there are also infamous records of successfully taking one’s own life. And we need to find an answer to this, she added.
– One of the acts that we will also work on in the ministry I head is the act on the profession of psychologist. This is one of the few public trust professions that has not had its own regulations. This is necessary so that we can be sure that when we go to a psychologist, when we send our child to a psychologist, or when a student visits a psychologist’s office at school, they go to an actual specialist. To someone who has the education and qualifications to provide help, she said.