Rangers maintained their stress on Scottish Premiership leaders Celtic with a convincing 5-0 win over Dundee on an incident-packed evening at Dens Park.
Ryan Jack put the Gers in entrance with a easy end inside the first 5 minutes of a recreation that was first delayed by 45 minutes as a consequence of site visitors points within the surrounding space, earlier than pyrotechnics set off by Rangers followers activated a fireplace alarm that noticed proceedings paused for one more 15.
5 minutes into the second half, Danilo made it 2-0 with a composed end, earlier than Sam Lammers rattled in a 3rd off the underside of the crossbar.
Substitute Cyriel Dessers elevated the benefit with a controversial fourth, whereas Rangers skipper James Tavernier put the icing on the cake with a late penalty, which was awarded after a VAR assessment following Lyall Cameron’s foul on Dessers.
Rangers preserve the five-point hole between themselves and Celtic after a 3rd straight league win below new supervisor Philippe Clement. Dundee, in the meantime, drop all the way down to ninth.
Extra to observe…
The severely delayed begin because it occurred
- 6.50pm – Dundee announce a delay to kick-off is probably going as a consequence of “extreme site visitors disruption”
- c.7.30pm – Rangers’ staff bus arrives at Dens Park
- 7.38pm – Dundee affirm kick-off has been delayed till 8.30pm
- 8.32pm – The sport kicks off 47 minutes later than initially deliberate
- 8.34pm – Consideration drawn in direction of the away finish, with Rangers followers having lit a number of flares
- 8.39pm – Referee Kevin Clancy gestures for the gamers to return to the dressing rooms.
- 8.52pm – The sport restarts after one other pause of greater than quarter-hour
Dundee are at house to Livingston within the Scottish Premiership on Sunday. Kick-off 2pm.
Rangers’ consideration turns to their Viaplay Cup semi ultimate in opposition to Hearts at Hampden Park on Sunday. Kick-off 3pm.