Jarosław Kaczyński spoke in Elbląg about security, among other things, in the context of the situation on the Polish-Belarusian border. – These are not real migrants. These are people brought in by Lukashenko, and actually by Putin, to destabilize Poland, he argued. He also noted that opposition politicians sometimes “talk about women’s hell.” – You can answer: it was hell for women in your times – he said. The PiS president also referred to his party’s commercial, which featured his cat, and the judicial reform.
President of Law and Justice Jaroslaw Kaczynski On Wednesday, he took part in a meeting with the inhabitants of Elbląg (Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship). During his speech, he assessed that the upcoming elections parliamentary elections have been the most important since 1989. – Those ones determined the further course of events in Poland – of course, in different conditions, in different circumstances – and these will also decide about it – he said.
Kaczyński: the slogan “A safe future for Poles” is not empty for us
– Let us refer to our slogan “A safe future for Poles”. For us, this slogan is not empty. It expresses something that we have done, are doing and intend to do. And on various levels, in all dimensions of the concept of security, said the PiS president.
Kaczyński referred, among others, to: to the issue of social security of seniors. – We do everything to make these happen pensions were increasing. (…) When it comes to this type of security, our opponents from Donald Tusk the leaders didn’t really care about it, he said. – There is also another dimension, related to security in the more colloquial sense. It is related to our borders, it is related to various types of EU plans (concerning – ed.) forced relocation. The point is to prevent what is happening in many Western European countries from happening in Poland, which have huge problems with migrants, which have already cost the lives of many people and disturbed the normal functioning of society. (…) This is not the case with us and it is a matter of security, he continued.
READ ON KONKRET24: Six misleading claims by PiS about the relocation of migrants
– Let’s remember our opponents. Well, they said that there are actually no limits when it comes to the number of people admitted. (…) And what about the border (Polish-Belarusian – editor’s note)? What was going on there? (Donald) Tusk came and said that electric wires had to be added – he wanted to compare it with the obstacles and fences that were around the concentration camps – he continued.
– We are defending ourselves. These are not real migrants. These are people brought by (Alaksandr) Lukashenko, and in fact (Vladimir) Putinto destabilize Poland – added the PiS president.
According to him, “if we did not defend ourselves”, there would be a “great destabilization of the country” and Poland would be excluded from the system of supporting Ukraine attacked by Russia. – That was the plan. Thanks to us, thanks to the fence, he failed, but he could have succeeded, added Kaczyński.
Kaczyński on the “hell of women”
He also said that opposition politicians sometimes “talk about women’s hell, that we are supposed to create hell, so you can answer: women’s hell was in your times.” – Women’s Hell was an extension of the work of hard-working women in the countryside by 12 years – he said. – But women’s hell also meant, for example, the fact that a woman beaten at home could not get her tormentor out of the house – he added.
– Today it is a matter of one decision and he is gone, even if he owns the apartment. Also, the penalties are completely different for this type of crime, much more severe. There are also various types of social projects that serve women and children, said the Deputy Prime Minister.
The president of PiS about his cat
The PiS president also said: – Even though I am used to various surprises, something completely unusual happens to me. Well, they tell me that about half, at least half of the PO or KO club, calls me.
– I don’t have my phone with me because it fills my pockets, but I don’t see it there. But that’s what they tell me. On the other hand, ladies and gentlemen, they have been shouting about dictatorship for eight years, and now they are constantly shouting at me. I don’t understand them at all, but it’s hard to understand them, he said. – Well, ladies and gentlemen, it’s just a joke after a very successful spot with my cat, and also with me – he added.
Kaczyński on judicial reform: this time it will work
In his speech, the president of the ruling party said that we are a country where “mistakes are made.” – Because only those who do nothing make no mistakes. There are also abuses. There is only this fundamental difference – if someone commits abuse in our country, he loses his position and the prosecutor deals with it, he said.
He also said that PiS wants “objective courts that will respect the law.” – When I traveled around Poland years ago, many years ago, at least 10 years ago and more, during such a great tour, there were two topics that always led to the room applauding loudly. The first was pensions, i.e. the withdrawal of the decision to increase the retirement age. We’ve already done this, but there was always applause – he said.
– The second topic was the courts. When I talked about judicial reform, simply restoring the law and basic decency in the judiciary, there was also applause. And I see it continuing. And of course you’re right, because unfortunately it didn’t work out due to external resistance. But this time it will work, he said.
“Those democrats in quotation marks claim that it is an abuse to combine the referendum with the elections.”
The PiS president also referred to the referendum scheduled for election day, October 15. He pointed out that it is “the highest form of direct democracy.”
– And those democrats in quotation marks claim that it is an abuse to combine the referendum with the elections. After all, the point is to have the highest possible turnout. People in Poland had some problems with deciding in referendums and they had to be extended to two days, as in the case of joining the European Union, in order to obtain the necessary number of voters. We simply want to combine these two things, he said.
According to him, “we have two situations here: a choice between security, broadly understood, and those who do not want to ensure this security because they simply have administrators outside Poland.” As he said, citizens decide about their country’s affairs themselves. – And if we don’t decide, we are just a population. And this issue is currently the subject of this referendum, but also, above all, of these elections. Because according to the law, if the referendum result is clear, no, it cannot be changed if the turnout is high enough, i.e. over 50 percent – added Kaczyński.
Kaczyński: our program is for eight years
The Deputy Prime Minister also talked about the Law and Justice program. He argued that it was “compact, coherent, calculated.” According to him, those in power are arming Poland, and opposition politicians “may have changed a little in their declarations, but in practice they were liquidating the army.”
He also assessed that we are now “very closer” to Western countries. – Since our program is for eight years, in eight years the list of countries that have caught up or overtaken will be really long and perhaps there will be countries such as England or maybe even France, currently developing better than England. And then a few steps and there is Germany, and then there are the richest countries, such as Sweden, Austria, the Netherlands, and finally, the richest country in Europe that is not a tax haven, Denmark – said the PiS president.
According to him, to carry out this program, “there must be good authorities that really love Poland.” – He doesn’t wear a heart here – white and red, but empty inside, it’s really very symbolic – he just really loves Poland. And we love Poland, he added.
Main photo source: PAP/Tomasz Waszczuk