Everything has been agreed, but there will be an appropriate time and moment for everything – assured Tomasz Trela, MP of the Left Club, in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24, referring to the negotiations between the democratic opposition groups regarding the appointment of positions in the future parliament and government. Barbara Nowacka, an MP from the Civic Coalition, said that the position of Speaker of the Sejm may be held on a rotational basis. Trela added that it would be modeled on the European Parliament. – This is, of course, a variant that is also on the table – he said.
Last week the president Andrzej Duda talked to politicians from PiS and the Civic Coalition, Third Way, Left and Confederation regarding post-election decisions and the possibility of forming a government. Later summarized the consultations. and said: – Today we have two serious candidates for the position of prime minister. We have two political groups that claim to have a parliamentary majority and that have their own candidate for prime minister.
At the same time, meetings of the leaders of the democratic opposition are held to discuss the formation of a new government.
Nowacka: we have kept our first commitment
They discussed the negotiations regarding filling key positions in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 Barbara Nowacka from the Polish Initiative, MP from the Civic Coalition, and Tomasz Trela, MP from the Left.
– Of course we’ll come to an agreement. We have had an agreement for a long time. We reached an agreement to take Poland back from PiS. We have kept our first commitment. We know that we will co-rule and we have known it for a long time. In key matters relating to the justice system, the rule of law, human rightssome economic solutions, repair of public finances or money from the European Union, and international relations in general, we have been in agreement for a long time – assured Nowacka.
Trela: everything is agreed, but there will be a right time for everything
– Everything is agreed. We want to ensure this clearly. However, there will be a right time and moment for everything. If President Duda had convened the first session of the Sejm, for example on Friday, and entrusted the mission of forming the government to Prime Minister Tusk, as agreed between us, today Poland would probably know who is the minister, who is the marshal, who is the deputy marshal – Tomasz Trela said in turn.
– We talk, we arrange. The negotiation teams are working on a detailed program. Because we do not differ in fundamental matters – we all want money from the European Union, we all want the rule of law restored, we all want free, democratic media, we all want to cooperate well – he continued.
– The first sitting of the Sejm is on November 13 and we can guarantee that at the first sitting of the Sejm a new Marshal or Marshal of the Sejm will be elected and the Presidium of the Sejm will be (elected – ed.) – assured the Left MP.
Rotating Speaker of the Sejm? “A variant that is also on the table”
Politicians also talked about the potential position of Speaker of the Sejm. According to media reports, they are candidates for this position Szymon HołowniaWłodzimierz Czarzasty, and Borys Budka.
– We’ll come to an agreement on this too. And the idea that the marshal should also rotate seems to me to be one of the good ones. This means that there should be at least two marshals during the term of office – one person is the marshal and after some time there would be a replacement – said Nowacka.
To the presenter’s comment that previously there was no such custom of rotating the function of the speaker in the Sejm, Nowacka replied that “different customs can be introduced to make the coalition stable.” – We are a broad coalition and we must take into account the needs, interests and ambitions of various factions – she added.
Tomasz Trela also talked about this concept. – If we reached such an agreement, it would be a bit like in the European Parliament. After all, there are two heads of the European Parliament in a five-year term. And so it is assumed that sometimes he is from the EPP and sometimes he is from the Socialists and Democrats, i.e. the European left. This is, of course, a variant that is also on the table, he added. At the same time, he assured that there would be no situation in which any of the key positions would be a “bone of contention” between individual parties.
He shouts to those in power: if you spend a zloty illegally, you will bring it back in your teeth
The program guests were also asked about the attitude of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and the current government camp in connection with the results elections
– Mr. Mateusz Morawiecki has been whittling a madman for many years and has not learned how to whittle him. Jarosław Kaczyński orders him, and he humbly has to do it. After all, every reasonable guy, every sensible person knows that 194 (the number of seats won by PiS in the elections – ed.) is less than 231, and even less than 248 (the total number of seats won by the democratic opposition – ed.) – said Tomasz Trela .
– It would be worth going out, Prime Minister Morawiecki, and saying: “We have what we have, I am not able to build a majority, please do not entrust me with the mission of forming a government, because I simply cannot do it.” But Mateusz Morawiecki could do this only in one case – when Jarosław Kaczyński would tell him: “we are going to the opposition” – continued the Left MP.
According to MP Trela, the extension of time associated with the transfer of power is necessary for Law and Justice to deal with his party’s interests. – They will spend money, scam citizens and incur liabilities for several years in advance. Only we warn you: if you spend a zloty illegally, you will bring it back in your teeth. Because we will get this zloty from you – he turned to the government.
Nowacka: every ministry and every company needs an audit
– I’m actually kind of waiting for this embarrassing spectacle when Mr. Morawiecki will present his office. Because we all know that this is a farce, that this is just playing to their electorate and assuring them that they fought until the end, that they will not give up power so easily – said Barbara Nowacka.
– They were the only ones who actually lost the democratic elections. Yes, they have the most MPs as one club, but they do not have a majority, they do not have any coalition ability. And they say they dive. They have been diving in the political cesspool, in the ethical cesspool for so many years. And here they found people from the opposition who simply do not go to this septic tank, who come to clean it up – the KO MP continued.
Nowacka also spoke about the need for a broad audit in institutions subordinated to the government. She stated that it should take place “in the ministry, in every foundation, agency, (…), in State Treasury companies.” – For eight years they have actually possessed the state with a network of connections and arrangements – she added.
Main photo source: TVN24