All formations on the democratic side chose Donald Tusk as their candidate for prime minister. The president wants to play some game, but we simply won’t let ourselves be played – said Adam Szłapka, chairman of Nowoczesna and MP of the Civic Coalition, in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24. He referred to Anrzej Duda’s statement after consultations with individual parties. Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus, an MP from the New Left, said that the president was “trying to distort reality a bit.”
On Tuesday, the president talked to politicians PIS and KO, and on Wednesday – with representatives of the Third Way, the Left and Confederation. Next day, On Thursday, Andrzej Duda summed up the consultations.
– Today we have two serious candidates for the position of prime minister. We have two political groups that claim to have a parliamentary majority and that have their own candidate for prime minister, he said.
Szłapka: the president wants to play some game, but we won’t let him play the game
The question of who the president will entrust with the mission of forming the government was discussed in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 by Adam Szłapka, chairman of Nowoczesna, an MP elected on behalf of the Civic Coalition, and Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus, elected to the Sejm on behalf of the New Left.
– All formations on the democratic side indicated this Donald Tusk as a candidate for prime minister. And it’s very easy to calculate. Even if the president did not watch the election conference of the leaders of the Civic Coalition, Third Way and the Left, where it was clearly stated, he heard it expressis verbis yesterday and the day before yesterday at the meetings – said Szłapka.
– The president wants to play some game, but we simply won’t let him play – he added.
– There is a majority. Sooner or later there will be a government. It’s a waste of time. Poles need action. Poles need money from KPO. Poles need changes. Mr. President, there is no point in delaying the convening of the first term of office of the Sejm and the appointment of Donald Tusk as Prime Minister, Szłapka continued.
Scheuring-Wielgus: the president is trying to distort reality a bit
According to Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus, “President Andrzej Duda is trying to distort reality a bit.” – But I think it has to do with the game he started playing. And the game is that he wants to secure a good place in the legacy Jarosław Kaczyński – said the MP.
– The fact that half an hour before the meetings (Marcin – ed.) Mastalerek was appointed as the head of the Chancellery of the President (he was appointed as the head of the president’s office – ed.) is not a coincidence. I believe that President Andrzej Duda, who will probably (…) entrust Morawiecki with forming a government, knowing that Morawiecki will fail, perhaps wants to publicly humiliate him so that his position in Law and Justice is much higher. – she continued.
– I think that President Andrzej Duda was probably surprised by this agreement between us, because I will draw your attention to one more important detail, and you should pay attention to it. All parties that are part of all coalitions attended these talks with the president. We showed agreement, we gave a clear message that we are in favor of Prime Minister Donald Tusk being the person, the leader who will form the new government and we will not let ourselves be played, she emphasized.
– We have a plan, there are things that unite us – such as the rule of law, international politics, and defense. We put it on the table and we want to do it because Poles expect it from us, assured Scheuring-Wielgus.
Main photo source: TVN24