I hope that there will be at least one candidate in PiS who simply does not raise any doubts when it comes to the issue of violating democratic standards – said Marcin Kierwiński (Civic Coalition) in a special edition of “Kropka nad i”, referring to the failure of Elżbieta Witek required support from MPs for the position of Deputy Speaker of the Sejm. New Left MP Agnieszka Dziemianowicz-Bąk pointed out that “in politics, we owe citizens the observance of the rule of law.” In her opinion, Witek did not meet these standards.
In a vote, the Sejm decided that there would be six deputy marshals in its 10th term. The MPs elected five of them in the evening: Monika Wielichowska, Dorota Niedziela (both from the Civic Coalition), Włodzimierz Czarzasty (New Left), Krzysztof Bosak (Confederation) and Piotr Zgorzelski (Trzecia Droga).
PiS candidate Elżbieta Witek did not receive the required support from MPs. Marshal of the Sejm Szymon Hołownia announced after the votes that the procedure would continue choice sixth deputy marshal “The Sejm will return at a later date.”
This situation was commented on by the guests of the special edition of “Kropka nad i”.
Kierwiński: we left room for another candidate from PiS
Marcin Kierwiński (Civic Coalition) stated that “there cannot be consent to a person sitting in the Sejm presidium who was destroying Polish democracy, who was breaking democratic standards, who was breaking the Polish constitution, who is a symbol, a PiS symbol, of destroying public debate.” – We voted against Marshal Witek and we will do it consistently if this candidacy is repeated – he emphasized.
– We left room for another candidate from PiS. I hope that there will be at least one person in PiS, at least one candidate, who simply does not raise any discussion, does not raise any doubts when it comes to the issues of violating democratic standards and breaking the law – added Kierwiński.
Dziemianowicz-Bąk: the marshal did not meet the standards
New Left MP Agnieszka Dziemianowicz-Bąk said that “in politics, we owe solidarity to citizens and compliance with the principles of the rule of law, the principles of upholding the constitution, and the principles of maintaining standards that apply to all marshals, regardless of the party they come from.”
– Marshal Witek did not meet these standards, which is why we filed a report to the prosecutor’s office – said the MP from the New Left.
Motyka: Mrs. Marshal has completely betrayed the idea of parliamentarism while performing her function
Miłosz Motyka, spokesman for the Polish People’s Party, spoke in a similar tone. – Mrs. Elżbieta Witek has completely betrayed the idea of parliamentarism throughout her term as Speaker of the Sejm – he said.
As he added, “this affected not only opposition MPs who were treated so bluntly by Marshal Witek.” – I would like to remind you that even Minister Zbigniew Ziobro could not speak three times during the debate on the ratification of the European Reconstruction Fund in our parliament. Only because, just a few meters below, Mr. Ryszard Terlecki and President Kaczyński were threatening Marshal Witek not to give the minister the floor, said Motyka.
– These are the standards that guided Mrs. Marshal Witek, who was not the Marshal of Poland, but the Marshal of the party – said the PSL politician.
Kobosko: it’s a bit surprising that the president says he will defend specific projects
Polish 2050 politician Michał Kobosko, in turn, referred to President Andrzej Duda’s speech in the Sejm on Monday.
– It is a bit surprising that the president says that he will defend specific projects as if he were the main construction manager and knew all the details related to these projects. We don’t know all these details today. They arouse huge controversy among specialists and experts – commented Kobosko.
– I am talking especially about the Central Communication Port, a project that was conceived from the very beginning as a gigantomania, as a monument in honor of, I don’t want to say who, and as a gigantic undertaking that cannot be created and implemented within the assumed time and within the assumed budget. – added the Polish 2050 MP.
Main photo source: PAP/Paweł Supernak