On Kontakt 24 we received information about an explosion on Miła Street in Milanówek. Firefighters said one person, a man, suffered burns to his face.
The incident happened on Saturday. We contacted the Poviat Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Grodzisk Mazowiecki. – At 18.44 we received a report that a barrel explosion was to take place on Miła Street, as a result of which the man suffered facial burns. After the arrival of three units to the site, the Medical Rescue Team was found, which dealt with the injured, the duty officer said.
The reason is incorrect cutting of the barrel
The fireman pointed out that the cause of the explosion was the incorrect cutting of the barrel. – The cause was probably the ignition of liquid vapors that remained in the barrel after the flammable substance. The barrel was improperly prepared. The barrel was cut with an angle grinder, which generates heat, and as a result of the heating of the remaining material, an ignition was created. The barrel was empty, he explained. The dispatcher noted that the victim was conscious. He’s a 39-year-old man. He was conscious when the units arrived and was later taken to the hospital. Fortunately, our actions due to fire issues were not necessary. They were limited to securing the place and helping – added the firefighter.
Main photo source: DarSzach/Shutterstock