There are first reactions to the case of Mrs. Joanna, who, after taking an abortion pill, was interrogated and searched by the police in the hospital. Donald Tusk, among others in connection with this event announces the “march of a million hearts”. In turn, politicians from PiS and Sovereign Poland disrupted press conferences of MPs from the Civic Platform. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. An instructor injured in a plane crash in Chrcynno died
A parachute instructor injured in a plane crash in Chrcynno, who was taken to the Bródnowski Hospital, died on Wednesday. The information was provided by the wife of the deceased and the Warsaw Aeroclub.
As a result of Monday’s passenger plane crash at the airport in Chrcynno, six people died, including five on the spot. All of them were related to aviation and the Warsaw Aeroclub community. Seven people are injured.
2. Institutions respond to interventions against Joanna
The Supreme Medical Chamber informed that in view of the disclosed situation that happened to Mrs. Joanna in Krakow, it was “conducting an investigation”. “We have no consent to violate the patient’s right to intimacy, medical confidentiality and to hinder the provision of assistance to the patient” – it was emphasized. “We immediately took steps to clarify the situation and verify all the circumstances of the event,” informed the Ombudsman for Patients’ Rights. The case was also taken up by the Ombudsman.
Mrs. Joanna decided to take the abortion pill because the pregnancy was supposed to threaten her health. She felt bad both physically and mentally. She informed her doctor about it. In the Krakow hospital, she was interrogated and searched by the police. The officers took her laptop and phone.
3. PiS politicians disrupt PO conferences
PiS and Sovereign Poland politicians disrupted three press conferences on Wednesday members of the Civic Platform organized regarding wages in Orlen, Grupa Azoty and PZU. The spokesman of the ruling party, Rafał Bochenek, and the deputy minister of agriculture, Janusz Kowalski, covered the participants of the conference with cardboard images of former and current PO politicians, and also tried to take the microphone from the deputies.
– They take ministerial salaries, and instead of sitting at work and solving the problems of Poles, they start brawls – commented on the event by PO MP Arkadiusz Myrcha. When asked about the actions of United Right politicians, Bochenek replied that “the Civic Platform is a gang of cowards and liars.”
4. Donald Tusk announces the “march of a million hearts”
– Joanna’s courage shows that even a single person who has been wronged, if he has the courage to speak up, to stand up to this authority, can really contribute to change – said the PO leader on Wednesday Donald Tusk.
In this context, Tusk appealed to his supporters. – On June 4, you gave Poland hope, so please, let’s give on October 1 not only hope, but also full faith in victory, in the fact that we will remove these evil people from power – he said. He announced the “March of a Million Hearts” for that day.
ALSO CHECK: Tusk announces “march of a million hearts”
5. An Indian concern will build a gigafactory in Europe
As a result, 4,000 new jobs will be created. According to the concern, it is to be one of the largest plants producing battery cells for electric vehicles in Europe. “This is a testament to the strength of our automotive industry and its skilled workforce,” said British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak. Production is scheduled to start in 2026.
Main photo source: TVN24