Farmers who protested in Hrubieszów for several days in connection with the government’s actions against Ukraine’s grain, suspended their protest, but – as they assured – remain in strike readiness. – We will appoint a strike ambulance, which will be ready to strike every day – said the leader of AgroUnion, Michał Kołodziejczak. He also addressed the PiS president directly. – President Kaczyński, come down to earth, I am asking you to. Go down to the people. You’ve been betrayed by a bunch of clappers who live off this country. Who live off these public donations with you and lie to you. If you had any honour, you’d be here with us,” he said.
Representatives of AgroUnia, including its leader Michał Kołodziejczak, appeared at a press conference in Hrubieszów in the Lublin province, where farmers have been protesting for almost two weeks. Among other things, they wanted the reinstatement of tariffs. They also do not believe in the government’s assurances that by the time of this year’s harvest, it will be possible to remove the grain from Poland, which is now in storage.
– We are calling the strike ambulance and we are waiting to see what you will do by June. You promised that by June there would be no problem at all with grain and other agri-food products that come from Ukraine to Poland and that all our problems will be solved – Kołodziejczak addressed the rulers.
– We will appoint a strike emergency service that will be ready to strike every day. You want to tire us out so that protest becomes something everyday for us. This is not our everyday life, we are not people who will live and nomad here. We did it for two weeks. Would you like to keep us here?
– From tomorrow we return to hard work on the land, so that the land will bear fruit, so that there will be something to make bread, jam, sugar and so that we can put a slice of ham on this bread – Kołodziejczak continued.
At the same time, he stated that “Law and Justice started a fire in the Polish countryside, to put it out now and pretend that they are fixing it.
Kołodziejczak: President Kaczyński, come down to earth, I am asking you
During his speech, Kołodziejczak referred to the words of the PiS president the day before.
– Yesterday, nearby, in Janów Lubelski, he was Jaroslaw Kaczynski, was very close, did not come. Yesterday, Jarosław Kaczyński said significant words that there are those in Polish agriculture who say that Polish agriculture is already in ruins. President Kaczyński, I’ll tell you straight – it’s not about ruin, it’s about people in Poland not feeling confident and stable, that’s our problem – said Kołodziejczak.
– President Kaczyński, not everyone lives as well with public money on a warm chair, on the job as you do. And you live on our public money. Here, everyone has to work out what they have with their hands, continued Kołodziejczak, pointing to the hands of one of the gathered farmers.
– It does not fall from the sky, nor from public deputies’ allowances. You don’t understand that it’s about instability, that three months without financial continuity is enough and we’re dead, we’re gone. You don’t. You have not taken any loans, the specter of the collapse of the company in which you work is not hanging over you, because the country, despite the debt, will pay you, and our farms, our companies, if they are indebted, will not pay the money – emphasized Kołodziejczak.
– President Kaczyński, come down to earth, I am asking you to. Go down to the people. You’ve been betrayed by a bunch of clappers who live off this country. Who live off these public donations with you and lie to you. If you had any honour, you’d be here with us. Today we challenge you. No matter what you say about us, we will take back the village from PiS – announced the leader of AgroUnion.
Magpie to the rulers: you were deaf, you did nothing
Magdalena Sroka, the chairwoman of the Agreement, also spoke at the press conference. She said that “farmers must go back to work, because nothing will happen without them”. “Our land needs farmers to cultivate and work it,” she said.
Sroka noted that AgroUnia had been “speaking loudly for 10 months that this would happen.” – You were deaf, you did nothing – she turned to those in power.
Main photo source: TVN24