8.3 C
London
Thursday, October 21, 2021

Great Britain. Prince Andrzej accused of sexual harassment. He accepted the lawsuit filed by Virginia Giuffre

Must read

- Advertisement -


British Prince Andrew received Virginia Giuffre’s lawsuit in the United States. A woman accuses the son of Queen Elizabeth II of sexual assault in the London home of financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Prince Andrew and his accuser, Virginia Giuffre, agreed that service of the lawsuit documents would take effect on September 21. They filed a joint motion in the U.S. District Court in Manhattan on Friday.

WATCH TVN24 ON THE INTERNET ON TVN24 GO

Subject to court approval, Prince Andrew will have until October 29 to formally respond to the lawsuit.

“The agreement between the parties seems to end the month-long efforts of Prince Andrew’s lawyers to block Giuffre’s lawsuit,” the Reuters news agency said. Earlier, the media reported, lawyers intended to question whether the documents informing him about the filed lawsuit had been properly delivered to him. Lewis Kaplan, judge in the New York District Court where the lawsuit was filed, accused Prince Andrew of “actively avoiding” formal efforts to be provided with documents detailing the lawsuit.

- Advertisement -

Prince AndrzejWILL OLIVER / EPA / PAP

Andrew Brettler, Prince Andrew’s lawyer of Los Angeles, declined to comment on Reuters on the matter.

Accusations against the son of Queen Elizabeth II

On August 9, Giuffre, 38, filed a civil suit against Prince Andrew in a New York City court, claiming she had been sexually harassed by him when she was 17. Giuffre – then named Roberts – was one of a large group of girls who had been lured by the late American billionaire and financier Jeffrey Epstein with promises to work and then offered to his influential friends. One of them was to be Prince Andrzej.

Virginia GiuffreBloomberg / Contributor

Prince Andrew categorically denies having ever had any sexual contact with Giuffre from the outset, and even says that he does not remember meeting her personally at all.

Prince Andrzej resigned at the end of 2019 as a member of the royal family and rarely appears in public.

Main photo source: WILL OLIVER / EPA / PAP



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article