19.5 C
London
Thursday, July 25, 2024

Great Britain. The dishwasher burst into flames. The company apologizes and points out the fault

Must read

- Advertisement -


The dishwasher in the home of a British couple was seriously damaged by fire. According to the company where the couple bought the device, it burst into flames, probably as a result of a “wiring fault.”

The event took place in December 2023 and was described by the BBC on Wednesday. Alyn London-Smith from St Asaph’s Wales he told a British broadcaster that he smelled smoke in the house shortly before he planned to pick up his wife, Ellen, from a Christmas party. – When I entered the kitchen, all I saw was smoke coming from the dishwasher. I opened the door and saw flames coming from the bottom of the device, the man said.

SEE ALSO: New facts about the plane collision in Tokyo. Possible “human error”

Then, as he explained, he turned off the dishwasher and tried unsuccessfully to extinguish the fire with water from the sink. Ultimately, he used an “old fire extinguisher” that he took from a shed in the garden. London-Smith talks about “a stroke of luck”, noting that if he had gone to pick up his wife 20 minutes earlier, the fire could have consumed the entire building. “It took us the rest of the weekend to clean up the mess,” said Ellen London-Smith.

- Advertisement -

The dishwasher burst into flames

The woman added that the couple had bought the dishwasher four years earlier at Currys, a chain store selling electronics and household appliances. She explained that the company sent an engineer to their home who confirmed that the dishwasher could not be repaired and that the fire was probably caused by a “wiring fault.” Currys initially offered the couple £79.86 (approx. PLN 404 – ed.) in compensation because the dishwasher was no longer covered by the warranty. The BBC reported that it asked the company “to cover the costs” of a new dishwasher.

SEE ALSO: An electric scooter caused a fire in the apartment

Company about “other owners’ concerns”

A spokesman for the company told the public broadcaster that its representatives were “shocked” by the fire at the home of a Welsh couple. – Our product safety experts have not discovered any problems with this dishwasher model that could raise concerns for other owners – he noted. – However, we will continue to monitor this product line very closely and in this case we will offer our customers a full refund. We are very sorry for the difficulties this fault has caused, he added.

SEE ALSO: Five children died in the fire. Their father was Christmas shopping

Main photo source: Shutterstock



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article