The Israeli army will intensify attacks on the Gaza Strip in preparation for the next stage of the war against Hamas, announced the spokesman of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, on Saturday evening.
Asked about a possible land invasion of the Gaza Strip, Israeli army spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari told reporters Saturday evening that Israeli troops are trying to first create optimal conditions for it. – We will intensify our attacks to minimize threats to our forces in the next stages of the war. We intend to intensify attacks from today, Hagari said, quoted by AP.
The inews.24 portal quotes Daniel Hagari’s speech delivered on Saturday to soldiers from the Golani Brigade: – We will enter the Gaza Strip to perform an operational and professional mission. To destroy Hamas activists and its infrastructure, keeping in mind, in our minds, the images (…) of Shabbat two weeks ago – he said.
– Gaza is complex (…), the enemy is preparing many things there, but we are also preparing for him. You must take with you all the skills you learned in the Israel Defense Forces, be brave (…) very determined (…) This will bring victory. Your professionalism will decide the result. I really believe in you, I am very proud of you, this is strength and with this strength you will win, Hagari added.
“Gaza is densely populated, they are preparing for us, but we are also preparing for them,” he said. The Golani Brigade, also known as the 1st Brigade, is an elite tactical mechanized infantry unit of the Defense Forces Israel.
For now, Israel is limited to rocket attacks and bombings
Israeli authorities have repeatedly appealed to civilians living in the Gaza Strip to leave the territory. This is intended to limit civilian losses in the event of Israeli armed forces entering the zone by land. So far, Israel has limited itself to rocket fire and bombing in retaliation for the Hamas attack. Official data says that so far more than 4,300 inhabitants of the enclave have died as a result. The number of Israelis killed in the conflict that has been ongoing since October 7 is approaching 1,500.
Main photo source: PAP/EPA/MOHAMMED SABER