IMWM weather forecasters issued first degree warnings against icing and freezing rainfall, causing black ice. Check where it can be slippery.
The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued meteorological warnings.
IMGW alerts – freezing rainfall
First degree alarms against freezing rainfall are valid in the following voivodeships:
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in the following poviats: Sępoleński, Tuchola, Świecie, Grudziądz and Grudziądz;
– Greater Poland, in the following poviats: Czarnków-Trzcianka, Chodzieski, Piła and Złotów;
– Lubuskie Voivodeship, in the following poviats: Gorzowski, Gorzów Wielkopolski and Drezdenecko-Strzelecki.
In the Pomorskie, Zachodniopomorskie and Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeships, the alerts will come into force at 23:00 on Monday, and will expire at 9 on Tuesday. In Wielkopolska and in the Lubuskie Region, they will be valid, however, in hours. 4-9 on Tuesday.
Weak freezing rainfall or drizzle causing black ice are forecasted.
IMGW alerts – icing
IMGW also issued first degree alerts against icing in the following voivodeships:
– Silesian, in the following poviats: Żywiec, Bielski, Bielsko-Biała, and Cieszyn, where they will be valid from 1-9 on Tuesday;
– Lesser Poland, in the following poviats: Tatrzański, Nowy Targ, Suski, Nowosądecki and Gorlice, where they will be valid from 1-9 on Tuesday.
It is forecasted that the wet surfaces of roads and pavements will freeze after rain, sleet or wet snow, causing icing. The minimum temperature will drop from -3 to zero degrees Celsius, and the temperature at the ground may drop from -4 to -1 degrees C.
What is the first degree meteorological warning from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management
IMWM meteorological warning The first degree provides for the conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and threat to health and life. Conducting activities in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the area of risk, including delays caused by traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution recommended, need to follow news and weather developments.
Main photo source: meteo