IMGW has issued further weather alerts. Storms are expected in the north of the country, and it will get hot again in the south-west. Check where alarms apply.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) issued first degree warnings.
IMGW alerts – thunderstorms with hail
IMGW alerts of the first degree against thunderstorms with hail have been announced in the following provinces:
– Podlaskiein poviats: Suwalki, Suwałki, Sejny, Augustów, where the warnings will be in force until 1 pm. 22 on Saturday;
– warmińsko-mazurskiewhere it will be dangerous until 22 on Saturday;
– Pomeranian, where warnings will expire at 16-20 on Saturday;
– West Pomeranianin the counties: Sławno, Koszalin, KoszalinBiałogard, Kołobrzeg, Gryfice, Kamień, Świnoujściepolice, Szczecin, Goleniów, Łobeski, Świdwin, where the alarms will be in force until 4 p.m. on Saturday;
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian, in the northern part of the region, where it will be dangerous until 18 on Saturday.
Thunderstorms are forecast, which in places will be accompanied by rainfall up to 20 liters of water per square meter and wind gusts up to 70-75 kilometers per hour. It may hail in places.
IMGW alerts – heat
In some parts of the country, we can also expect the heat to return. Heat alerts apply in the following provinces:
– Lower Silesiain the districts of Lubin, Wołowski, Trzebnica, Milicz, Oleśnicki, Oława, Wrocław, WroclawŚroda, Legnica, Legnica, Jawor, Świdnica, Dzierżoniów, Strzelin, Ząbkowice;
It is forecast that the maximum temperature during the day (measured in the shade) will reach 30-31 degrees C. The minimum temperature at night will be around 18 degrees C.
The warnings will go into effect at 13 on Sunday and will expire at 20 on Monday.
What is the first degree IMGW meteorological warning
The first degree warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material damage and threat to health and life. Running a business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from activities in the area where the threat occurs, including delays caused by traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution recommended, the need to follow messages and weather developments.
Main photo source: Adobe Stock