IMGW issued weather warnings for the night and Monday morning. In southern and eastern Poland, weather forecasters warn of freezing precipitation and thick fog. It will also be dangerous in the central and western regions, where roads will be slippery and icy throughout the night. Check where to be especially careful.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued first degree meteorological warnings.
IMGW alerts – freezing precipitation
IMGW alerts of the first degree against freezing precipitation were issued in the following voivodeships:
– Opolein the entire voivodship, except for the Kluczbork and Namysłów poviats;
– Lower Silesiain southern and western poviats;
– Lodzin the counties: Pajęczański, Radomsko, Piotrkow TrybunalskiPiotrków and Opoczyński;
– mazowieckiethroughout the voivodeship, except for the western poviats;
– Podlaskieoutside the northern counties.
Light freezing rain or drizzle causing black ice is forecast. In most regions, the alerts will last until Monday at 9 am. Only in the north-east of the province. Mazowieckie and Podlasie, they will be active from an hour. 22 on Sunday until 10 am on Monday.
IMGW alerts – dense fog
Dense fog warnings have been issued in the following provinces:
– Świętokrzyskiein the entire voivodeship, except for the districts of Końskie and Włoszczowa;
– mazowieckiein the poviats: Szydłowiec, RadomRadom, Zwoleń and Lipsko;
– Lublinin almost the entire voivodeship, except for the following poviats: Biała, White PodlaskaŁuków, Ryki and Radzyń.
Dense fog is forecast, within which visibility may range from 50 to 200 meters in places. Alerts will be in effect from 21 on Sunday until 9 on Monday.
IMGW alerts – icing
An icy warning is also in effect for parts of the country. They were issued in the following provinces:
– Lower Silesiaoutside the poviats covered by the alert against freezing precipitation;
– Opolein the Kluczbork and Namysłów poviats;
– Lodzoutside the poviats covered by the alert against freezing precipitation;
– Greater Polandexcept for the counties of Złotów and Piła
– mazowieckiein the districts of Żyrardów, Sochaczew and Gostynin.
Wet surfaces of roads and pavements are forecast to freeze after sleet and wet snow, causing them to become icy. The minimum temperature will be around -1 degrees Celsius, and the minimum temperature at the ground will be around -2 degrees Celsius.
Alerts will expire on Monday at 9.
What is the first degree IMGW meteorological warning
The first degree warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material damage and threat to health and life. Running a business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from activities in the area where the threat occurs, including delays caused by traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution recommended, the need to follow messages and weather developments.
Main photo source: Adobe Stock